Video cutting in and out

Reaction score
I am useing a ipad mini 2 that's about 4 years old and my video keeps cutting in and out, sometimes worse than others but not really bad ( i guess any is bad) it doesn't do it on my p3p p3a or p3s, but I'm thinking or hopeing that the mini 2 is not up to par to process the p4p's signal, I'm hopeing it's not the gimble, and its at least one or two firmware updates behind, can anyone tell me if it could be the mini

I am useing a ipad mini 2 that's about 4 years old and my video keeps cutting in and out, sometimes worse than others but not really bad ( i guess any is bad) it doesn't do it on my p3p p3a or p3s, but I'm thinking or hopeing that the mini 2 is not up to par to process the p4p's signal, I'm hopeing it's not the gimble, and its at least one or two firmware updates behind, can anyone tell me if it could be the mini
Have you checked your video settings on the P4P? You may be able to dial down on the streaming bit rate.

I will find out what the streaming bit rate is and see if it can be dailed down, i read that the Nvidia Shield is a good device, do you know which model which year of the Nivea Shield would be enough to run the p4p

I will find out what the streaming bit rate is and see if it can be dailed down, i read that the Nvidia Shield is a good device, do you know which model which year of the Nivea Shield would be enough to run the p4p
I have a K1 and it seems to have a decent amount of firepower. It was designed and marketed as part of a gaming system and as such can handle the video stream from both my Phantoms 3 S and P. Although no longer in production, used K1's in very good condition are frequently offered on e-Bay and Amazon. It's also the only tablet I know with HDMI output that connect to my goggles.

My back-up is a Huwai Mediapad M5.

You really might need a newer iPad to be able to handle the high quality from the lightbridge 2 connection that your Phantom 4 gives. Go into lightbridge settings and see if you can turn down the quality in the app. Also, make sure you are using a high-speed data cable, not just a charging cable. I used the charging cable that came with my Huawei phone when I got my Phantom 4, and I thought my new Huawei phone was not powerful enough, because the video was very glitchy. I doubted that it was my expensive flagship phones fault, so I went and bought an Anker powerline USB c cable. It was $20, kind of expensive for a cable, but it solved all my issues, I have perfect video signal now. So maybe try getting a high-speed lightning cable for your iPad to see if that works, try that before spending a ton of money on a new tablet.

Thank you for your imput, i just read a article and it rated the top 5 devices for the p4p and the shield was number 5, pretty good for a discontinued tablet

Omg thanks, i had know idea there was any other except the charging cable. You guys are really very helpful

Reactions: Weston Ney
Omg thanks, i had know idea there was any other except the charging cable. You guys are really very helpful
Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (3ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Black) Amazon.com: Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (3ft), MFi Certified for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5 / 5S and More(Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Here's the line of cable that I use. I know it's expensive, but I have tried many cables, and this is the only cable that works good for me. And it's a lot cheaper than buying a different tablet if it works.

Ipad mini 4 refurbished $175. EBay. Had to get one on eBay for my P4 when I first bought it. Wife's Mini 2 did not work. Still glad I bought it, gets a lot of work. Have 4 birds now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers