video breaking up ???

Reaction score
Ok I did the searches and don't see what my issue is (close but no cigar) .

Video image on my screen starts to pixelate and break up a few minutes into a flight. I thought it might be a battery getting a little too hot so I landed, switched batteries. Waited a while before taking off again but got the same thing happened again. I don't lose any telemetry info or recorded info just the image to the screen.

I am not on the latest firmware but am on the one just before it.

I thought it might be because it's sooooo darn hot around here but I would think that would affect multiple functions.

Any idea on a fix ???

I realize this is very rudimentary, but are your antenna's positioned properly? Just throwing an easy one out first.

Maybe your device (phone, tablet) is overheating? Is it in a case?

Thanks for both relpies !!

I have windsurfers on and the hold them straight. I tried moving around a little to see if position/angle mattered. Seemed to be the same in all directions.

I have a new Ipad 4 Mini. It does feel warm but not hot. No case.

Tried it again last night and this morning when it was much cooler, no loss of video.

?????????

have also big problems with live video transmission on my ipad pro 9,7

on my ipad air there are no problems !?!

both on iOS 10.3.2 and DJI go 4.12

EDIT:

the problem exists only with the DJI go APP !
DJI GS pro, litchi, FPV and autopilot works fine

EDIT 2:

answer from DJI (?)

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 15.42.10.jpg

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think it's my iPad mini 4. Tried it again today, first ten minutes are fine then it start to break up. Switched back and forth between 2.4 and 5.8 just to see if that made any difference, no effect. The pad feels very warm, I wouldn't say hot but very warm.

Might try a Shield. Anyone have this issue with one???

I MAY have solved the issue.

Tried another battery. Flew from inside the house (I was on the deck in the sun before) with a fan blowing on the ipad. NO VIDEO BREAK UP. I also lowered the screen brightness, it was on max. If this solves the issue that creates two new questions.

1: (as asked above) Is the Nvidia Shield a cooler running tablet ???

2: I have been long looking at the Avegant Glyph glasses. If heat on my tablet screen is an issue would these solve this ??

StanMI - I have an iPad mini 4 also. I begin to loose fpv the hotter it gets, loose it completely, then the app will shut down (autopilot, map pilot). I sincerely believe it's the iPad overheating. Turn off wifi, stand in the shade, use fans, all the above. Here's a shot of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 298
have also big problems with live video transmission on my ipad pro 9,7

on my ipad air there are no problems !?!

both on iOS 10.3.2 and DJI go 4.12

EDIT:

the problem exists only with the DJI go APP !
DJI GS pro, litchi, FPV and autopilot works fine

EDIT 2:

answer from DJI (?)

View attachment 84260
I think they need to update there list ,many more that work just fine unlike there app djigo4 :)

I'm beginning to think it's my iPad mini 4. Tried it again today, first ten minutes are fine then it start to break up. Switched back and forth between 2.4 and 5.8 just to see if that made any difference, no effect. The pad feels very warm, I wouldn't say hot but very warm.

Might try a Shield. Anyone have this issue with one???
Could try turning airplane mode on to stop apps running in the bacround :)

Reactions: StanMI
In January when I bought my iPad mini 4 it was a recommended device for Autopilot. Now it's on their "legacy list". I think it's the same thing with DJI. Just a few months and it's nearly obsolete. These software / firmware updates... I have to stop. They render good hardware useless, I can't afford to buy a new device every 6 months. I'm gonna have to try icepacks, just to see how long they last.

I'm happy I found this post as I think I have recently had the same problem. I use an iPad Mini 2 with a fully up to date Phantom 4 Pro / Go 4 app. Last week I was out flying and within just a few minutes, I started having horrible transmission issues - green screen, constant flickering, both the Go app and Litchi would frequently crash. I originally thought it was due to the fact the iPad Mini 2 may no longer be able to cut it as a result of recent updates, but then again, it was approaching 100 degrees outside and the iPad itself started to perform terribly (slowed down to a crawl). I contacted DJI support and their immediate response was to upgrade my device. Hopefully it was just the heat.

InforGuy......do have your screen brightness turned all the way up ??? Made a difference for me when I turned it down a little.

StanMI, I haven't turned down the brightness yet. Problem is that it's hard enough to see already. I'll have to try it and add it to my flight check list. But I'm thinking that these devices are operating at their limits cpu wise. A faster cpu would probably generate less heat, plus the app vendors are saying "optimized for..." and my iPad isn't on that list anymore. I don't remember having problems like this in the beginning (January), with older software. Frustrating that the app vendors can't write more efficient code for devices that are still on the market.

Also remember to keep the antennas perpendicular to the drone (the opposite of pointing). And DON'T cross the antennas, DJI even agrees with that. I keep mine parallel. This morning I got a "no video" message in the DJI Go 4 app. The drone was nearly straight overhead, only a hundred feet up but the antennas were pointing straight up. As soon as I moved the antennas to be parallel with the ground I got video back.

InforGuy......do have your screen brightness turned all the way up ??? Made a difference for me when I turned it down a little.
Not 100% but it was probably around 75%. But it was quite work. The iPad was pretty hot.

Hi i use samsung taA not on list works perfect are you going to tell me aswell it voids my warranty not useing recomended device,have you used djigo4 app ,disconections ,drones fall from sky,drones flip on take off firmware issues the list goes on not even stable app i use 3rd party app now and had no issues which says something :confused:

I agree with it being hard to see. One of the reasons I bought the mini 4 was the screen was supposed to be brighter. Maybe brighter equals more heat ???

As to the antennas, I have a Windsurffer on. Antennas are forced to stay perpendicular to each other. I also agree that they need to have thev reflective area pointing at the drone for best function.

Turning down the screen brightness from maximum seemed to help. Right now its sooooooo dang hot out im going to wait until later in the day to try it again.

Thanks for all the posts with help !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj