Video Bit Rate Question

Reaction score
I was just comparing the pro vs advanced models on line to is if the extra money is worth it for the pro. I didn't see anything that would make me want to put out the extra money for the pro but the one thing that I was wondering about is the bit rate. It shows as 10Mbps for the Pro and 2Mbps for the advanced. Is this a big benefit to have with the higher bit rate for the pro over the advanced? Is it something that is noticeable?

I had a pro model first then changed to the advanced and I did notice a fairly obvious difference in video quality on the app streaming and looking at the recordings on my app it's very clearly worse on the advanced.

It is a touch frustrating as I asked about differences on DJI's own forum and this wasn't mentioned and it probably would have made me get another pro.

Going to fly it again when the weather allows and decide if an exchange is in order... The footage on the app is almost a big enough reason...

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Personally I have an inability to aquire anything but the best version of anything I'm interested in getting, I wouldn't go anything lower than the Pro.
That being said I am planning to use it for business purposes so wouldn't make sense to not have the ability to record in 4K.

Reactions: ObiDon
Fantastic input, I assume you drive a Bugatti Veyron from the garage in your ivory tower then?

Oooo sarcasm, wow you must be the first person ever on the internet to use it. Not your strong suit, unfortunately.

Must say rskardon's post is funny though.
jscope, your post is not helpful for P3FUN's enquiry. How is saying must have the best of everything helping P3FUN making a decision?

Another difference for P3FUN to be aware of is Pro's battery charger is 100W, so it charges battery faster than Advanced's 57W charger.

I am looking at purchasing the advanced or the pro in the next couple of weeks. I noticed that the pros are about 650 dollars more than the advanced. The charging speed and the 4k camera doesn't really matter to me, the thing I am still mulling over is that 10mb vs 2mb bit rate. Does that just effect the live feed or does it make your recordings/pictures look bad as well? Is it true that the further away you fly the pro that it isn't getting the 10mb bit rate?

Does that just effect the live feed or does it make your recordings/pictures look bad as well?

It effects only the live feed and you will feel it when using googles.
I have the advanced model and the picture on my ipad air 1 is good. I was able to sit in the car and fly it 2.5km away with very clear image.

It comes down to the best for your needs. Do you have a need for 4k video? If so and you dont need the range of lightbridge you could save a few dollars on the 4k srandard. I wouldnt pay the pro over advanced premium just to get the higher downlink speed if the 4k option isnt important to you.

Or you could just go into the shop and say you must have the absolure best.... lol

Reactions: chessman
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably just go with the advance model as I don't need 4k and I don't plan on using googles for when I'm flying it. I'll buy a case and an extra battery with the money I saved from not buying the pro. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga