Video and FPV for Phantom 2

If anyone is after a decent all-in-one screen, check this one out - higher spec than most of the 7" models out there and reasonably priced at around £156.00 / $159.99.

ai16314406-99-thumb-BP_Splash.jpg

RangeVideo.com has announced a new contender in the all-in-one fpv monitor category with the Black Pearl 7" diversity monitor from Flysight. This little gem features a number of upgrades including a built-in tripod mounting adapter (for standard camera screws), a fitted sunshade, built-in 5.8GHz receivers with diversity functionality, and a very bright screen that's easy to see in direct sunlight. The Black Pearl operates on 7-28 volts and includes a JST battery plug, but does have a compartment for an internal battery (coming soon).

Looks cool, I think I'm gonna grab one, when the batteries are available :roll:

Resolution: 1024 * 600
Brightness : 300cd/m2
Contrast: 700:1
Build-in diversity 5.8Ghz

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2050653

Ravecreative said:
interesting

not as bright as most though
only 300cd/m2 most are 450 - not sure if it really makes any difference in the real world though

Yeah I wondered about that, some say the 450 / 500:1 screens are not that bright in daylight, yet that post claims this model is very bright even in direct sunlight. Would that have anything to do with the higher 700:1 contrast?

I just picked up one of these from rangevideo. Believe it was $185 with the battery. Will post some pics when it comes in.

300 brightness has me worried as well, but we shall see..

I ditched my 450cd screen for a 1000cd . . .

I could see the OSD data on the 450cd, but I was out one day and seen a kangaroo, the environment was safe to fly so I set up and launched the phantom, once I got it in a hover near the roo, looking on my screen I couldn't tell if it was in the shot or not, until it moved then I could seen something moving on the screen. that's when I decided I wanted a better monitor

[Youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=B7j-zXisS7Y[/Youtube]

rmklaw said:
I own a Vision and just ordered a Phantom 2. What do I need to get the same features I have in the Vision, in a Phantom 2, but with the better quality of the new gimbal and the Gopro camera? Would like to monitor in the iPad Mini or Nexus 7 and later on connect to goggles.

desculpem la, sou novo nisto, ESTOU Interessado los comprar hum dji fantasma, Onde POSSO comprar online? ja ágora podiam me ajudar não Modelo, Nao me queria alongar Muito nenhuma PREÇO, POR 500 € ja compro UMA Coisa de Jeito?
Cumprimentos

Well you got me there!

The specs are about as detailed as DJI's manuals lol, it has the brightness, but not much else lol, I'd expect the average spec at least (for contrast etc) as for battery life, it uses external battery an has a few different style adapters, on being an xt60 adaptor, so I can run it off the same batteries as the phantom. . .

And while that might seem like a bad thing, before I bought the screen I bought two "elebar" batteries on eBay, once I got a chance to test then out, I found out that one battery had bad connections on the plug and went into 2nd level battery protecting within a minute of flying when pulling high current, so that battery I now a dedicated FPV battery. I have 3 flight batteries and 1 FPV lipo, I also have a 12v 6800mah lithium ion battery that can be used for the FPV setup. I'd still like to stock up with more batteries, just not 100% sure what to get, something in the 2700mah+ size.

Driffill said:
The specs are about as detailed as DJI's manuals

Yeah, that figures... every site that sells that thing has zero info on those specs!

If it works well though I may be interested, although brightness with bad contrast isn't much help to me. I like the sound of that model I linked above as it has a 1024 * 600 resolution, good contrast, and the potential for an easier ride with the built-in battery, but will have to do some more digging to see if it's going to be bright enough.

I bought mine on recommendation of Martcerv, as he went thru the process of buying a few different screens to test and this is the one he settled on. As for internal battery, it's a good feature, but when that battery is dead, your (FPV) flying is over, I can plug on a different battery and keep flying (and the more batteries I have, the longer I can fly between charges) I currently have ~9000mah of power for my screen/av receiver and DVR and only 6600mah for the phantom.

Another downside is when and if the internal battery (or a/v receiver) dies, the whole screen is worthless, I actually (mistakenly) ended up with two sets of a/v Tx and Rx so I now have a spare incase of a failure in one.

. . . I'm also a big fan of overkill (the mind set, not the band) :)

Driffill said:
Another downside is when and if the internal battery (or a/v receiver) dies, the whole screen is worthless, I actually (mistakenly) ended up with two sets of a/v Tx and Rx so I now have a spare incase of a failure in one.
a6314431-16-BP5.jpg

It's not a 'built-in' battery so therefore it's replaceable + you could buy as many as you need / want.

Be good to read more about actual user experience, did that guy document his results on the screens he tested anywhere?

just to let everyone know
first batch of fpv monitor mounts have been shipped out today

next few will be ready tomorrow, if you want one - shout, i can only print a few a day

thanks guys - hope you like them :)

if you want to know more - you can see them here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6239

or you can order one by clicking on this link

thanks
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... JGNUD2NYZJ

I love my P2 and the video making process.... (read flying :))
What do you guys use for video editing as these files are somewhat large for posting on the web?

Hi All, a new guy here... Just ordered a P2 Non-Vision with the H3-2D.

I want to upgrade to FPV and also be able to use an iPad as Ground Station and also as the monitor for the video feed from the P2...Is this possible? Or do I need a dedicated separate monitor?

I am getting very confused as to what gizmos i need to buy...as far as I can tell I think I need:

1. AVL58 (or equivalent)
2. IOSD Mini
3. BTU (To use the iPad?)
4. And what else?
5. Do I also need a 2.4 Datalink?

I am unclear how all these things work together...Any help is greatly appreciated.
I HAVE read all the preceding post but still am unclear.
Thanx!

Bern

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164