Vibration while hovering

Hello Tony,

18 inches. My Snow blower broke this afternoon 1/2 through the job. I did my elderly neighbors before my home, and bam the throttle broke. The shoveling did me some good. A/C is fantastic. If you use prop guards the boardwalk and ocean gives great opportunities for fun. Marlton is good. Another thing I like to do is pull over on 73 do some flying over farms. The Pine barrens are fabulous as well as the Old Lakehurst Airfield, where the Hindenburg blew up. I know were your talking about off Niemans Road, How about the college campus, it has a lot of open space and some nice photographic and movie opportunities.

How did you fair in this mess
Happy Flying!
Bruce

I used to date a girl who went to college there. We used to go down in the valley and around the DuPont mansion. All along the creek in that area is beautiful. I actually live five minutes from marlton. Lakehurst is a good spot to fly, haven't been there yet, but familiar with it. I am new to phantom level of flying so I am just now thinking of places to fly. Probably some good shots on the Delaware river too.

Yes the Delaware is amazing. On a calm day I can fly from the Delaware Side to the Jersey Side with some great ship fly overs. The Brandywine Creek offers some amazing views as well. Once you start flying it and get confident I have no doubt you will try the bank to bank shot of the Delaware. Also, another fantastic feature the P3P has is called follow me. You can drive down a road(make sure the drone is high enough to avoid trees, power lines) and it will follow you as you drive. Make sure there are no bridges. Excellent response with the remote control. I could go on and on. .Also when you get a micro SD card make sure it does 4k otherwise you will be shooting in 1080p I just bought 2 - 64GB Micro SD's at Best Buy for 110.00 Saved 100! They are usually 150 each. I am glad to answer any other questions you may have. Let me know when you buy it, how you like it!

Happy Flying!

Make sure you do a cold calibration. If you calibrate the IMU when it is warm it will have to wait till the IMU warms to that temp before it's ready to go. In cold weather that could take a long time to do.

Glad to see this reply. Everyone else seemed to leave the original posters question behind and started talking about where they fly.
Thank you as it also answers my question as I had the same issue happen.

Chris

Reactions: Masonmedia
This afternoon I went out and flew my P3P in some fairly cold temps. It was about 29 degrees F. I followed the usual procedures for cold weather flight. When I took off and was hovering to let things warm up I noticed a pretty solid vibration (the entire p3p).

After a couple of minutes the vibration seemed to settle down and smooth out.
My question is, is this something that is normal in cold weather flights while warming up or could it be something else?

I should also note: upon starting everything up it said IMU error although I had recently calibrated it. This happened on the first attempt of the flight so I aborted and it went away by the time I got it inside to check it out.

Attempted the flight again and same message and then again, it went away once it warmed up.
Also, got a an unknown can't start contact DJI error, 42 I believe it was which also went away after shutting everything down and restarting the process.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Hi someone have had this problem before on the forum saying that the gimbal rubbers get a bit stiff in cold weather causing the vibration. I did do a test by putting one in the freezer for 8mins and yes they do so it could be the problem you will have to see if the problem go's away when the weather gets warmer regards Craig

For me, the vibrations seems to happen only in cold temperature. It's around - 10 celcius outside. Vibrations were very bad. Right after, I tried inside my house just to comfirm (after letting the bird warm up a bit ) and everything is smooth. Same battery, props and calibration. So it might be the rubbers that get stiff with the cold... Or the 1.6 firmware don't like cold weather. Don't know... Not super happy with that right now.

Masonmedia,

I am having EXACTLY the same problem you are having, except i only had the imu error message once, and i am flying a P3S. I am in michigan and flying in temperatures normally below freezing. I never noticed this problem in the summer, and when i fly the phantom indoors I notice zero vibration. This leads me to believe that the problem is associated with cold temperatures. Have you tried the cold imu calibration, where you calibrate the bird in the fridge? I will try it this week and post the results.

Reactions: Masonmedia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers