Very new and need some advice before purchase

Reaction score
HI Team,

I have phantom 4 pro and am now looking at purchasing goggles

On the remote there are only 1 usb and 1 micro usb.

I understand that the goggles plug into the usb instead of the tablet / phone etc , meaning you have to load up the phone or app then switch.

I would like to understand if I can use both - I want the flexability to lift the goggles and use a screen if need be but I want head tracking etc. Can I plug the phone into the Micro , goggles into the other usb and use both?

alternatively - how are peoples thoughts on the use of goggles alone - I am doing mainly photograpy but would like to let the kids experience the FPV side of this great hobby!.

Regards

Craig

HI Team,

I have phantom 4 pro and am now looking at purchasing goggles

On the remote there are only 1 usb and 1 micro usb.

I understand that the goggles plug into the usb instead of the tablet / phone etc , meaning you have to load up the phone or app then switch.

I would like to understand if I can use both - I want the flexability to lift the goggles and use a screen if need be but I want head tracking etc. Can I plug the phone into the Micro , goggles into the other usb and use both?

alternatively - how are peoples thoughts on the use of goggles alone - I am doing mainly photograpy but would like to let the kids experience the FPV side of this great hobby!.

Regards

Craig
Goggles,,for head tracking you need to be confident in flight cause your head movement controls yaw and easy to be distracted by noise which could result in unwanted direction of flight,they are good for bystanders or family or yourself to view but can cause motion sickness,fvp is not for all,,I love it but can't wear mine,,your remote module will have to be changed to one with hdmi plug in it,it's got 4 plugs all up on upgrade module,you can use with just usb but need to start with app and change to goggles once all conected or flight restrictions will happen,,the upgrade module allows you to have device and goggles run together,if don't want goggles like me I now use 32"tv with 3mtr hdmi cable from remote to tv and to my device,,there is a setting under HD in app for display to both,I love the goggles but just sit in the box now I use tv in back of Car, all up they cost me just under 1000
Goggles 700
Hdmi adapter for hdmi because upgrade plug is a mini hdmi plug on remote ,
Hdmi module was 180
Also some have trouble with view,on goggles there a focus wheel for our eyes,for some when in focus it blurry so reading glasses or diopters are needed (they just lens that clip in),,before you buy as cool as they are try get a store demo,just thought I mention head tracking also controls drone movement,,,,gimble tracking is where you can move your head up or down left or righ and the cam followst and watching the demo clips on the goggles (built in)you need to be a pro to fly like they show,,it's not that easy,and they only show Mavic doing this,no phantoms in picture,,again be totally awsome for whoever to watch while you use tablet to see,,but the cost for me was huge,,never get the money back if I sell which I can see happening

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj