very low range

Reaction score
I am new here so hi guys and gals. I am outside of Detroit. My max limit on range is 500 meters. For max range set. But I am losing signal/low signal at like 320 meters. Seems extremely close. Is there any settings I can change from ce mode to fcc mode or is my location limiting it. I hear guys going 2km out. Which is 7 Times out as I can go. Thanks for inputs

Make sure your controller is recalibrated and you compass is calibrated with no interference... sometimes there can be a lot of frequencies floating around a city like that... perhaps you need a better antenna for your remote...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am new here so hi guys and gals. I am outside of Detroit. My max limit on range is 500 meters. For max range set. But I am losing signal/low signal at like 320 meters. Seems extremely close. Is there any settings I can change from ce mode to fcc mode or is my location limiting it. I hear guys going 2km out. Which is 7 Times out as I can go. Thanks for inputs
Welcome to the forum!

What is the signal problems, remote, video, etc.

Here is web site to add to your bookmarks.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

What Phantom model do you have? What firmware version does it have? If it's a Phantom 3 Standard with firmware version 1.6.8, poor range is a know issue. Otherwise it could just be local interference (e.g. from other Wi-Fi networks); where are you flying?

The FCC or CE signal strength is controlled automatically by your gps in the drone. If you get GPS lock in the US then it will automatically be in FCC mode. If you are in say england with the same drone and you get GPS lock it will be in CE mode.

Hello , another Newbie here. Having the same range issue. I have FW 1.7.9. and I am wondering where in the DJIgo app can I view which mode I am locked into. I am in the US so I'm assuming FCC but I just want to check it .
Thanks

Hello , another Newbie here. Having the same range issue. I have FW 1.7.9. I am in the Netherlands . I'll get a "out of range" but i am still in the begingers lock so 30 mtrs....max.

How can i'll test it ???

Thanks

PS.... it was about 2 °C outside....

Last edited:
Hello , another Newbie here. Having the same range issue. I have FW 1.7.9. I am in the Netherlands . I'll get a "out of range" but i am still in the begingers lock so 30 mtrs....max.

How can i'll test it ???

Thanks

PS.... it was about 2 °C outside....
I never have tried beginners mode, started with P2V+
Out of range message I would think would be the limit to beginner's mode.
(Weak or Lost) (Remote or Image) would be signal, and would make a difference in ether mode.

Rod

Burr,
NYEve forecast, light snow, Sunday, Monday getting cold and dry. Well is didn't get down to 9 °F, but it just snowed all day Sunday and Sunday night.

Yesterday 9:43 am That Yukon had no snow on it Saturday night.

IMG_9014.JPG

Reactions: Erik Janssen

I live just outside of Detroit too, Saint Clair Shores. I'm not getting that great of range either, but I live in an EXTREMELY crowded WiFi area. Just sitting here in my computer room, I can run a WiFi sniffer test and see over 100 WiFi SSiDs from my neighbors. If I were to go up and down my entire street, I bet I'd see like 3 or 400. Every single house here has WiFi and you have to figure each house, 3 to 5 devices running.

I can't wait to bring this thing out on Lake Saint Clair this coming summer. There should be almost zero inference out there. We will see how much range I can get then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan