Very first flight on brand new Phantom 1.1.1

Well, after spending nearly a month reading and learning about this thing I decided it was time to get it airborne and just check out the systems.

This first flight was entirely indoors because I had been concerned about a runaway throttle issue which turns out to have been no issue at all. Just my not knowing about the Phantom.

I will say the 1.1.1 flies very nicely. Very stable and very responsive to controls. It may have helped that I have experience flying smaller quads manually so I felt right at home with Phantom and absolutely no issues hovering and landing and maneuvering about the house.

At this point, for the $275 I spent on this first Phantom, I would say it was money VERY well spent.
I doubt there are many other quads in this class at that price that are this nice and fly so well.

The Syma X5C-1 that I've been flying for a while feels almost exactly like the Phantom other than the fact that the Phantom stays steadier and holds it's altitude by itself. The Phantom in ATTI mode is much easier to fly (imo) than the Syma X5C-1 in fact. I would highly recommend the Syma X5C-1 if you're wanting to know what the Phantom feels like for around $50

So now I know that all systems seem to be in order and as soon as the weather is permitting, the next step is outdoor flight.

Feels good to finally get it off the ground and in the air, even indoors for a short 5 minute flight.

VERY glad I bought it and looking forward the the better video I can get with it compared to the 2MP camera I've been using on the Syma.

Way more patiences and brains then me. I didn't ever read the instructions. The guy I bought it from gave me a quick rundown and off I went, into a tree. Not once but multiple times. Still flys perfect, not sure if there's and internal damage but the outside looks fine.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Hey, glad to hear it survived. At least now I know the 1.1.1 is "tree proof" when my time comes.

How long have you had it?

Only 4 days nows. I'm looking to put a FPV kit on it soon. Just a beginner here.

Yes indeed. You moved quite a bit faster than I did. But I'm slow and methodical on certain things. Sometimes to a fault.

Congrats on your new "Aircraft" purchase (the FAA actually defines it as such) Cool huh? :)

Get yourself a GPS locator asap (TK109B is perfect and inexpensive) and make sure you put at least your phone number on your drone BEFORE you fly again. You'll thank me if you ever have a fly away.

Keep us posted on the FPV upgrades.

Way more patiences and brains then me. I didn't ever read the instructions. The guy I bought it from gave me a quick rundown and off I went, into a tree. Not once but multiple times. Still flys perfect, not sure if there's and internal damage but the outside looks fine.
Nothing personal BUT with an attitude like that its no wonder that you've made good friends with trees branches.:eek:

Just hope trees are closer to you than people.

Its a great hobby but IDIOTS like you are going to end up hurting innocent people.

Nothing personal BUT with an attitude like that its no wonder that you've made good friends with trees branches.:eek:

Its a great hobby but IDIOTS like you are going to end up hurting innocent people.

I fly my drone at my farm. There is no one around and lots of space but hedgerow as well. It's all in good fun. You're an ignorant person with good intentions. No harm no foul. Good day sir.

I fly my drone at my farm. There is no one around and lots of space but hedgerow as well. It's all in good fun. You're an ignorant person with good intentions. No harm no foul. Good day sir.

My brusqueness was uncalled for without knowing your particular situation.

I do recommend, however, that the next time you post something that encourages inexperienced pilots that you provide more information and elaborate more in your post.

The only thing I was ignorant about was what you didn't include in your original post.

Fly safely....

Not nice to call me idiots

Anyone got some more ideas for my new 1.1.1 ? Just got done painting it :D
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449538262.975847.jpg

Just got new blades since my bud did a csc or scs shutdown and it tipped over lol and some prop guards so should be good there now , maybe ideas on mods? Thanks :)

Cool!
Main I love my P1 !! Even more than my P3A (truth be told)....shhhhh......
What all have you done to it so far?

I put prop guards on ALL my birds. It the eyeball slicing prevention thing :)

No camera?

PS...you got a 3D printer in the room (the led lights)

Oh yeah I have a vibration mount with it for my GoPro hero4 black but my friend when he tipped it, the propellers scratched the top part of the shell , prop guards on now tho :)

All I've done is paint it , extra wide landing arms and the red landing pads.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4