Very Bad Vibration-Phantom

Reaction score
New to the forum, had a quick question for whoever can answer.

I have a gimbal hooked up and it works good, I have carbon fiber props that I balanced so they are good. I also tried another set of balanced blades, with no luck. But my whole phantom shakes very badly. You can hear it and see it vibrating when I give it any sort of throttle. It worked pretty great for a while then progressively getting worse.

My next step was to try and calibrate phantom via computer, but i dont have a PC so I cant download software. :(

Any suggestion on how to fix?

Does it vibrate without the gimbal? If the gimbal is not initializing properly it can cause small corrections which start a feedback loop causing worsening vibration.

Adding to Roadkilt's advice . . .

Also check prop blade tracking, you can measure the distance between each tip where it passes the fuselage. Tracking can be adjusted by adding a tape shim to a portion of the prop hub or by removing a small amount of material with a file.

Remove props and see if there's vibration with just the motors. If it's smooth without the props, you can even add one prop at a time to see which prop is the issue.

bumper

Thanks for the reply, bumper and Roadkilt.

Roadkilt
I have not yet tried flying without gimbal as it is soldered on. But I can try that for sure. Thx.

Bumper
Awesome will try the one prop at a time and see what happens. I will also check the tracking tonight. Thx

Will let you guysl know what happens!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3