Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Hi Neil,

The email I received noted that I would receive a download link "in a few minutes"....I don't have it in my mailbox...

Hi Neil,

Yes, I got your email which said I should receive a download link 'In a few minutes" but never received that link.....

below is the only email I received:

Thanks for letting me know. Seems like there was an error with the invitation sent to you. It's corrected now and you should have received an email from TestFlight to download the app. Check for the email from the sender -
[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Thanks for you for the great response you've given us since we announced the Vertical Studio beta program here. We have now started working on launching VS publicly and we are closing the beta for new signups.

We'll continue to be active on PhantomPilots and on our forum so please don't hesitate to shoot us any questions you might have.

Cheers!
Neil

Can't wait to get my P3P back from repair so I can start working with it again!

I just put my request for a beta invite in! Hopefully I can be the last one! :)

Tested it today.
Iphone 6, ios 9.2 phantom 3 advanced updated to latest firmware.
At first i got a black screen after connecting the drone, so restarted the app and it started to work normally.
Following my girlfriend running (really not too fast) it lost her everytime she moved too far from the center of the view.
Good idea, but i think that with the speed and qualities of the phantom, it can do a lot better. Right now not too usefull..!
Keep on improving it, i'm sure you can turn it in a must have app!!

Tested it today.
Iphone 6, ios 9.2 phantom 3 advanced updated to latest firmware.
At first i got a black screen after connecting the drone, so restarted the app and it started to work normally.
Following my girlfriend running (really not too fast) it lost her everytime she moved too far from the center of the view.
Good idea, but i think that with the speed and qualities of the phantom, it can do a lot better. Right now not too usefull..!
Keep on improving it, i'm sure you can turn it in a must have app!!

Thanks for feedback! This is not normal behaviour on the app as it holds on to subjects quite well generally. Could you tell me which phone or tablet (model and OS version) you are using ? Also do you have a clip of the video by any chance so we can evaluate it and see if there was a reason why the tracking kept breaking for you ?

Cant believe i missed this post. Surely a missed opportunity. Looks awesome and will definitely buy it when released for bot my android and apple device. Great work guys!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Thanks for feedback! This is not normal behaviour on the app as it holds on to subjects quite well generally. Could you tell me which phone or tablet (model and OS version) you are using ? Also do you have a clip of the video by any chance so we can evaluate it and see if there was a reason why the tracking kept breaking for you ?

Iphone 6, ios 9.2

No video cause there was an error with a code (i don't remember the number) so it was also impossible to record.
I'll try back tomorrow and let you know!

I was trying to use the app to follow my dog while playing catch. But when the dog left the frame the camera was left tracking the spot on the floor where the dog was standing. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Phantom Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Phantom and Inspire that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

Vertical Studio is compatible with DJI Phantom 3 (Pro, Advanced) and DJI Inspire.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai
Any chance vertical studio would support the Phantom 3 standard, as the SDK has been released?

Any idea on when this app would be released. I have to go an sporting event end of fed and this would be sooooo helpful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree. It's amazing how far the Phantoms have come since the original. How well does the GPS position hold work with that much wind ? Just curious because I've never tried filming boats.

I filmed in quite high winds, bit silly of me really but I do like a challenge. The wind was so high it blew my backpack away. I got disorientated regarding the drones position and tried to fly it back against the wind. Tried it for several mins then pushed the RTH, it came home pretty quick.

As an experiment I flew it to exactly 22 feet up. Let it hover. It only moved 1ft up or down at the most. It did drift 2 feet when a very strong gust of wind took it but it came back to its original position. I am very impressed with the little machines. I have a P3P.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Iphone 6, ios 9.2

No video cause there was an error with a code (i don't remember the number) so it was also impossible to record.
I'll try back tomorrow and let you know!

Ah I think I know what the problem is. Can you make you are connected to Wifi when you open the app. If the error you see says "Activation Error: -1" or something similar it's just that the app hasn't been able to register with DJI. Try starting the app with Wifi connected and let me know if this solves the problem. Thanks!

Any idea on when this app would be released. I have to go an sporting event end of fed and this would be sooooo helpful

We just sent out a bonus round of beta invites to folks that signed up until yesterday. If you've signed up for the beta you should have received a beta invite :)

I couldn't even get to the sign up page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94