Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Hi Neil, any idea how long it will be before the Nexus 7 fix is sorted?

Hi Ian. (this is also for all you guys that are having issues getting VS running on your Android device)

We're working on a fix for the black screen and weird color issue on some android devices. It's because of an unsupported hardware decode format on a few phones. Check out this post on our forum for more info. Thanks :)

If Vertical Studio doesn't work on your Android device, Read this

Hi guys,

Last night we pushed a software update to VS beta that fixes some of the video issues people were having with Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S4, Lenovo and a few other phones and tablets. If you were having video related issues with your device earlier, could you check VS again to see if those issues still exist ? Let me know!

To all iOS users.

If you've signed up for the beta already, you should have received an email about sending us your apple id so we can add you to the private iOS beta test list. I made a mistake in the sign up form by not asking for your Apple ID's right away so I need to collect them now. Sorry! If you haven't signed up yet and you're seeing this, don't worry because the new signup form on the website asks for Apple ID's.

If you haven't received an email from us about the Apple ID, DM me or send me an email at [email protected]

To all iOS users.

If you've signed up for the beta already, you should have received an email about sending us your apple id so we can add you to the private iOS beta test list. I made a mistake in the sign up form by not asking for your Apple ID's right away so I need to collect them now. Sorry! If you haven't signed up yet and you're seeing this, don't worry because the new signup form on the website asks for Apple ID's.

If you haven't received an email from us about the Apple ID, DM me or send me an email at [email protected]

I'm not so sure about this email. I did receive it and it just feels real fishy. Im very leery about disclosing my Apple ID. When I click the link in the email, my email app says that it could be a scam. And when I go to the page, it goes to manage-lists.com before quickly going to docs.google.com Anyone have any experience with Beta testing and having to give out your Apple ID in this fashion?

I'm not so sure about this email. I did receive it and it just feels real fishy. Im very leery about disclosing my Apple ID. When I click the link in the email, my email app says that it could be a scam. And when I go to the page, it goes to manage-lists.com before quickly going to docs.google.com Anyone have any experience with Beta testing and having to give out your Apple ID in this fashion?

Hi Jaime,

I understand your apprehension with the email I sent you. Unfortunately I chose to upgrade the way we handle email using MailChimp - which is a pretty convenient mailing list manager. They go out of their way to make their emails secure from spam and phising. In the bargain they add so much auxiliary html to the email that it makes it look worse. Anyway, I've moved back to handling our emails in-house. So you won't get those manage-lists links anymore.

Also your Apple ID is literally just an email address. Let me explain why we need it. We will be running a closed beta program using TestFlight, which is Apple's own beta testing toolkit. Here's a link to it. Then the way you download the app is by receiving a private code that lets you access the app. It's a pretty standard way to beta test any iOS app and most of the other apps on this forum have tested iOS using it. Android is lot simpler - I wish Apple gave us a better way to beta test. But they're Apple and us mortals just have to do what they want :p

Anyway, the point is, if you want to beta test our iOS app. You need to add your Apple ID to our google form. Or you can email it to me personally at our contact email address. Up to you.

I hope that makes sense and alleviates your concerns. You can also give us a call if you have any more questions. Cheers :)

Btw. Here's a link to the form: Vertical Studio iOS Beta: Apple ID

Reactions: Globalhawk
Hi Jaime,

I understand your apprehension with the email I sent you. Unfortunately I chose to upgrade the way we handle email using MailChimp - which is a pretty convenient mailing list manager. They go out of their way to make their emails secure from spam and phising. In the bargain they add so much auxiliary html to the email that it makes it look worse. Anyway, I've moved back to handling our emails in-house. So you won't get those manage-lists links anymore.

Also your Apple ID is literally just an email address. Let me explain why we need it. We will be running a closed beta program using TestFlight, which is Apple's own beta testing toolkit. Here's a link to it. Then the way you download the app is by receiving a private code that lets you access the app. It's a pretty standard way to beta test any iOS app and most of the other apps on this forum have tested iOS using it. Android is lot simpler - I wish Apple gave us a better way to beta test. But they're Apple and us mortals just have to do what they want :p

Anyway, the point is, if you want to beta test our iOS app. You need to add your Apple ID to our google form. Or you can email it to me personally at our contact email address. Up to you.

I hope that makes sense and alleviates your concerns. You can also give us a call if you have any more questions. Cheers :)

Btw. Here's a link to the form: Vertical Studio iOS Beta: Apple ID
If this IS a phishing scam it would be the most convoluted one in history! ;o)

That sounds incredible. Are there any interesting and difficult compound flight and camera movements you might do while filming the rowers ? We might be able to automate some of the harder shots to let you film things smoothly and more importantly - repeatably.
So sorry Neil, I only now see your message. The problem with filming the rowers are the (many!) tall overhanging trees. Concentrating on a good shot on the monitor, on the rowers, on the copter, evading the trees; everything at the same time...then I often miss the overall view...pfft.

Reactions: Neil Mathew

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor