Verizon hiring drone pilots

Reaction score
Just a heads up to you guys, Verizon will soon be doing a country wide tour with their 5g experience bus. They are hiring drone pilots in each city they stop. Their drone is a dji inspire 1 2.0.

Most recent fella got paid $200/hr to take off and land on bus.

Source: I work for the company that outfitted the bus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry guys, unfortunately we do not know how verizon contacts prospective pilots. I think the most i can do this week is try to get the tour schedule from verizon. The bus will be in Houston for the superbowl this coming weekend.

I'll keep you guys updated as possible.

FYI this is in connection with their new 5g network testings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Billy Banana
What a great opportunity. I'll be watching this thread for sure :)

Interesting...

Can I assume that they will only be hiring 107 or 333 pilots?

Hope so.

Be interesting to see where they can fly in Houston since from what I've heard the FAA put into effect a drone ban 34.5 miles around the stadium. Brilliant move...

Plus isn't shooting from a moving vehicle (other than a boat is one exception) a no-no with the FAA unless you have a waiver?

Be interesting to see where they can fly in Houston since from what I've heard the FAA put into effect a drone ban 34.5 miles around the stadium. Brilliant move...

Plus isn't shooting from a moving vehicle (other than a boat is one exception) a no-no with the FAA unless you have a waiver?
That's pretty standard for any large sporting event. I don't see hardly anyone getting around the TFR until later in the week.

Can I assume that they will only be hiring 107 or 333 pilots?

Hope so.

Yea most likely since "hiring" is commercial no matter how you look at it.

...isn't shooting from a moving vehicle (other than a boat is one exception) a no-no with the FAA unless you have a waiver?
If you're flying commercially, and are in a sparsely populated area, then it is legal.

Reactions: SamaraMedia
Man, this would be so awesome! Has anyone found a link to apply to? Or is there a specific team that we should be contacting?

Sorry guys, we checked for more info and are still unsure where they are seeking pilots. They are having issues with the 5g connection, and may have grounded the drone. Will update if more info becomes available

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are correct. Unless something has changed in the last week the FAA requires a Waiver for a moving car.

From the FAA website:
Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization – Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS)
Regulations subject to waiver
107.25 Operations from a moving vehicle or aircraft

At least it IS something you can get a waiver for.

I read something about a rural area being ok to be in moving vehicle

Correct.

§107.25 Operation from a moving vehicle or aircraft.
No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft system—

(a) From a moving aircraft; or

(b) From a moving land or water-borne vehicle unless the small unmanned aircraft is flown over a sparsely populated area and is not transporting another person's property for compensation or hire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic