UV Filter Glass Replacment - Has Anyone Been Able to Replace It...?

Reaction score
Hi all, I broke the lens on the stock UV filter of my P3. I've since purchased the Polar Pros filters and have been using those. I am a bit concerned about the added weight and if that will cause the early demise of my gimbal.

Meanwhile, I've ordered a new replacement stock UV filter from Drone works, in that DJI charges $20 for shipping and Drone Works was free. I was also thinking it would be nice if I could get my current broken lens repaired.

I wondered if anyone can speak to what glass to use for the UV filter or does it even matter...? I would think it would need to be somewhat specific, or there would/could be oddities w/ regard to light refraction etc.

Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: Ari
Broke mine also. Ordered a backup bird and used the glass off that one. Then ordered a replacement from DJI, along with 2 batteries and 2 chargers and 2 4-sets of striped props to make the shipping tolerable. Not shipped yet, though.

They need better SEO for their website. You Google "Drone Works" and some other shady website comes up.

I wonder how much business they have lost because of it....hmm? I don't think their website even comes up on the first page of Google for those 2 words. WOW.

maybe FB?

Ya, I stumbled upon their site. I'm wondering if the filter is actually in stock...

Mark.

I ordered the lens yesterday and spoke with Drone Works today. He stated he was hoping to have the filter to me by next week, and that he had just added it to his site.

He also stated that he had someone working on his SEO (not that I know what that is...). I told him that something odd comes up when he's googled. I suggested that he become a member of this forum to get the word out. He stated that he wants to be a supplier that is known for fast shipping times.

Mark

Hey guys!! I figured out a solution for this!! It is a 6 dollar fix! Use a gopro accessory and a hair dryer. IT actually works better and is better quality glass! I was having a reflection problem before and no longer
have that problem.

Furthermore, you can buy the ND Filters and Polarizers for 8 dollars instead of 20.

If this helps you please like my facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/MainStreetStudiosPhotography

Here is the how to link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: PhantomFun
Thanks for the video, nicely done. I ordered a replacement lens from RC Depot as Drone Works wasn't coming through. I'll receive it tomorrow. I am planning to repair my original so I have a backup. [emoji3]. Thanks again.

Mark.

Can you post a link to the Gopro lens that works?

Thanks,
Mark.

Yeah, that is very similar to the one i used! You can see the links if you go to the Youtube page! but it will be the same one I am sure! You may like it better than the original.... if you look at the video when I am inside you see reflections on the original glass, its because it is super thin, flat, and has little to no real uv or coated protection. The one I bought was much thicker (relatively) doesnt flare up crazy, and doesnt seem to have reflections.

Great! Thanks. Did you glue the glass in at all?

no need to glue it if you leave the glue residue on it (See the black circle on the glass after i separated it.) I was thinking for about 3 seconds I might inverse the lens to put the glue side on the inner lip of the housing for the original. decided against that as the glass would have a very small concave and I am sure that would cause havoc to the light hitting it.

So currently the lens is lightly stuck to the camera itself. However, if I removed the glue residue it would still friction fit on the phantom 3. clear as mud? (Sorry, trying to get out to the summer home for 4th of july with the family, not thinking clear)

Got this in the mail today [emoji1]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435894137.510187.jpg

If you look at the ad, doesn't it say it ships from Hong Kong?[/QUOTE

The first one I linked to did. Found another in CA. Already shipped. Will be nice to have a backup lens. I'll also be able to do some side by side comparisons [emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31