Using UAVs for boundary investigation

Reaction score
I work for a land surveying company in the UK. We carry out boundary surveys for boundary disputes and general boundary investigations.

We are considering the use of UAVs to carry out some of this work, creating ortho photos as evidence of boundary encroachment. To do this we would need to obviously overfly and take images of our clients' and their neighbours' land and fences etc.... Due to the nature of the work it isn't always possible to gain permission from all parties we will be overflying.

My question is, where do we stand legally in terms of privacy and DPA? We would always avoid taking images of people. As long as we're complying with all the general CAA legislation & drone code etc... and hold all relevant PfCOs are we ok?!

Hello @JoeRash and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Safe Flights!
Allen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12