Using DJI go 4 version 4.1.14, the 32 channel hack WONT WORK

Using DJI go 4 version 4.1.14, the 32 channel hack WONT WORK

• all

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • all

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello all, i just purchased the iPAD 10.5 Pro and using the DJI go 4 version 4.1.14 that's off the apple store. I believe but not sure, that this version of Go 4 has to be used for these new iPAD pro models.

I move up to this new iPAD because my Mini 2 (P4, P4Pro, Inspire 1, Mavic) and Mini 4 just cant cut the CPU demands that the DJI GO app 4 requires! NOTE: I have been using the Mini 2 for 3 years and with all the Go apps and then GO 4 App kills this Mini 2, can't use if for FPV at all and it now disconnects or lost of video feeds and overall flight status.

The mini 4, that's OK but i get that CPU warming on performance notice but is seems to work OK for NOW!
But i will tell you, with the new iPAD 10.5 Pro, it's 100% perfect! Recommend moving to this Ipad for FPV and don't ever upgrade your Go app 4 anymore. Go off grid!

Now the question, i tried the 32 channel hack on this new iPAD Pro, no joy! I can't get this hack to work on this DJI go 4 version 4.1.14 installed on this iPAD.

Has anyone tried this and were you successful?

I know the config file is ok, i have used this config file (for years) on the other IPADS (mini 2 and 4) and on my IPHONE 6 and 7 and works just fine, so i don't believe the config file is corrupt, it retested it today on the Mini 2 after removing the GO 4 app and the file is fine.

So anyone using the iPAD Pro 10.5 and this DJI go 4 version 4.1.14??

Let me know if you have any tips?

Again, i don't believe i can roll back to a different version of GO but i can try this with CHARLES PROXY like i have don't on the mini 2 and mini 4...

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: NeBob
Yep. Similar thing for me. I was flying with iPhone 7 and iPad 10.5?, anyway one about a year old and it disconnected every flight! I tried the latest update then got the errors that my device was not compatible!!! So I was grounded. Out of desperation and frustration I switched to Litchi and PROBLEMS SOLVED!!! I never tried GO again and finally uninstalled it since it was useless. I’ve been enormously satisfied with Litchi and consider it superior to DJI DO 4 totally. I’ve never had to update anything or be restricted in flight. I suggest as a FIRST resort to shell out $24.00 and get on with flying. You’ll be very glad you did!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Hi Jim, I had some issues with Litchi on my Mini 2, none with the Mini 4. I have to agree, Litchi is better and now that DJI is putting more restrictions or big brother crap, I plan on moving off DJI. The Mini 4 is still good connected to the Mavic, but now I will use my IPad Pro 10.5 on the other birds with both Litchi and Go 4 when needed.

Wish I could change the bands since I am a license HAM too.

Thanks for your reply and happy flying.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve, yes! Good to see other hams on here. I too wish we could open up the band into a ham frequency but I’ve not checked to see what we have available on that frequency, have you by any chance? Also have you tried stringing up wire antennas with your drone? I am yet to try it but my friend N5VGK has done it several times simply by taping a stiff wire to the landing struts and loop a support string over it, fly up over a tree, yaw 180 degrees to drop the weighted kind and pull up the wire! Works great and much easier than other methods. I M going to hand some Delta Loops soon this way.
Jim
WA5TEF
SALTILLO, MS

Now the question, i tried the 32 channel hack on this new iPAD Pro, no joy! I can't get this hack to work on this DJI go 4 version 4.1.14 installed on this iPAD.

Has anyone tried this and were you successful?

Best regards,
Steve

This got me to check and see if the 32-channel hack still worked for me, and with my current version of DJI GO 4 v4.1.15 on my iPad Mini 4, it did not. I had to roll back to v4.1.12 (I didn't have a backup of v4.1.13, if that was ever released) in order to get the 32-channel hack working again!

I plan to stay at DJI GO 4 v4.1.12 forever, unless DJI somehow manages to force an upgrade.

-Stach

Hi Stach, had the same problem re 32ch hack and have been pulling my hair out till I found your post. All OK now.Thank you!
Will go for a bit of a test this morning and if all OK, will leave hardware, firmware and software updates alone for the rest of its P4 life.

I am thinking about buying the iPAD pro...my iPAD air can not bear DJIGO4 anymore...video transmission issues when using advanced RC functions...does the 10.5 fit the RC?

Have you tried litchi yet? Might be your better way out. Most who have it like it much better than GO! I sure do.
Jim
WA5TEF.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl