Using cell phone "VR" goggles

Reaction score
OK, I got a new IPhone 6 plus for Christmas so I went ahead and bought a pair of cellphone holder "VR" goggles just to play with. So far I am having trouble finding anything to do with them, most apps and stuff are just view only with no interactivity at all (which may be because the goggles seem to have to provision for any kind of control on them whatsoever). However I did have the thought of trying to experiment with FPV flying, but how? How can I use these for FPV flight, can I?

Also, my actual FPV flight may be limited as I do not have a stupid "observer" that would make the FAA happy (since the morons writing the rules still think it's 1975 and that we are all flying balsa wood models in the park and have no concept of what FPV flying means, or what modern drones can do) on a regular basis so I may have to get my FPV "fix" by flying normally, recording the flight, then playing it back in my "goggles," but how do I do that? What (FREE!) software can I use to convert a video to play in 3D on goggles? Can I get it to give me some decent depth? I have seen some pretty crappy "VR" videos that have no depth (3D effect) at all, I want depth. Also, is such a thing possible without being loaded down with spyware and adware? Bonus points if it can work with 4K, although my personal phone does not support it.

Change camera tilt settings to allow it up a little more, and you can see the drone with VR.
Tell FAA you want to get your instrument rating on 107 license.
Find a blind man and work with him to sue FAA under the ADA since he can't see the drone they won't let him fly.

As phantom has only one camera, you can't get true 3D videos however if you try apps like Litchi you see little depth created artificially

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

But how do I edit a recorded video to give me the same effect after the fact?

I'm not sure what you mean. In litchi it automatically records as normal when you hit VR mode. You would take the file as normal and edit it. Pull it off of the SD card not through an app. Does this answer your question?

I'm not sure what you mean. In litchi it automatically records as normal when you hit VR mode. You would take the file as normal and edit it. Pull it off of the SD card not through an app. Does this answer your question?

That is what I am asking, what software would I use to edit the recorded video back to VR?

Oh I see what you mean. You would like to convert the standard video to VR so you can play back in the goggles?

In that case I'll pop a link just below to explain how to do that. There is a great free software for that. Just bare in mind you won't get any depth perception on the converted video or 3D obviously as the bird doesn't have the camera for it. Give it a bash let me know how you get on?

Tom

Best VR Video Converter to Convert Virtual Reality Videos at Ease

Oh I see what you mean. You would like to convert the standard video to VR so you can play back in the goggles?

In that case I'll pop a link just below to explain how to do that. There is a great free software for that. Just bare in mind you won't get any depth perception on the converted video or 3D obviously as the bird doesn't have the camera for it. Give it a bash let me know how you get on?

Tom

Best VR Video Converter to Convert Virtual Reality Videos at Ease

Precisely.

The program on the link though looks like it only comverts to Oculus Rift format, that won't work for me, I do not have anything with Oculus.

I've tried 2 different goggles off Amazon, and haven't found a set that work very well for my iPhone 7+, anyone have any suggestion on one?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers