Using amplifier​s on the remote gives "poor signal" warning?

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed this? When using amplifiers on both antennas, on start-up of the app, I get a poor signal quality warning. But both signal meters at the top of the app are full bars. I have flown out past two miles with clear video and full signal. All signal bars were still full at two miles, yet under the HD settings in the app, it still says poor signal quality. All the channels below 20 were spiked red. Channels 20 and 21 were blue. I flew with channel 21(?) and had zero issues. Anyone else noticed this?
I am guessing it's because the amplifiers are putting off a lot of noise? Or they are just over powering the quad or transceiver?
Any guesses?

Interesting that you brought that up, I always run on channel 21 and have noticed that a number of channels are showing a lot of traffic despite me being the only resident for at least a hundred metres and thinking that the wifi and cordless phone setup couldn't be responsible for all of that noise. I'm using a boosted FPVLR setup on my P4 and will see if turning the amps on a and off will make any difference.

The only references that I can find suggest that powering up the amps floods the available channels with some type of overlap in signal and my unit being 2.4GHZ, that would make sense. Apparently the further you fly away the less of an issue, which also makes sense. Once I thaw out, I'm going out to give the a try.

Boosters/amplifiers increase the signals we want along with those we do not want. The boosters/amplifiers basically amplify all signals in the 2.4Ghz band. The app is simply programmed to show Red on channels that it deems are filled with existing chatter on these channels. Since the software app is not rewritten to reduce/suppress its messaging, you will simply need to disregard them and focus more on the signal strength bars.

I hope this helps.

Boosters/amplifiers increase the signals we want along with those we do not want. The boosters/amplifiers basically amplify all signals in the 2.4Ghz band. The app is simply programmed to show Red on channels that it deems are filled with existing chatter on these channels. Since the software app is not rewritten to reduce/suppress its messaging, you will simply need to disregard them and focus more on the signal strength bars.

I hope this helps.
Cheers for that, I was a bit surprised to find the increase in inteference on a number of channels despite my take off spot being more than 30 mtrs from my house and no where near another source of 2.4Ghz traffic. Going out now to try my little experiment. Thank you.

I hope this helps.
Again thanks, worked exactly as you stated and didn't affect my signal strength once sent out.

Reactions: Gordon Stevens

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj