User manual and Flight Recorder section; I don't understand

Reaction score
Hello,
I was looking at the user manual under Flight Recorder and it reads:
Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aircraft. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. To access these data, connect the aircraft to the PC through the Micro-USB port and launch the DJI GO app.

OK so I connect the drone to the PC, that's pretty clear.
Then
a) Why do I want to launch the DJI GO app?
b) Then what? Is there a program for the PC that I want to use?

Sorry if this was already covered but the search wasn't narrowing it down.

Thanks,
Ty

Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aircraft. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. To access these data, connect the aircraft to the PC through the Micro-USB port and launch the DJI GO app.
What data are you actually looking for. Yes, the aircraft does record its own internal flight data. Your device you fly with does at well in a .txt format. Unless you really need the aircraft data, the device data will usually do. If you would like to test that function, see this link and upload your .txt data file per the instructions on the link. Log Viewer

The aircraft .dat contains much more detailed information and is encrypted. There are ways to view it however. But try the above first.

Hello,

OK so I connect the drone to the PC, that's pretty clear.
Then
a) Why do I want to launch the DJI GO app?
b) Then what? Is there a program for the PC that I want to use?

Sorry if this was already covered but the search wasn't narrowing it down.

Thanks,
Ty
To retrieve the data from the Phantom itself, it least on P3'S. You need to Use DJI-Go (Stupid Name) to activate the Download Flight Data mode, until you do that your PC won't see the data.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4