used 4 pro deal results

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 4 Pro here in the classifieds. For those of you questioning how this sale went,

The Phantom was shipped right away. It is a Phantom 4 PRO. It did come with 3 batteries with a total of 80+ charge cycles. The roll around carrying case is in good condition. The unit was clean and had no visible crash damage.
That said, somehow the gimbal got hurt. The bad part is that the YAW motor was replaced with an aftermarket unit and the magnetic base was not transferred over.
I found the yaw/roll control board was overheated and not working. I replaced the board and the gimbal started to move, but not right. It went through the start up sequience, but then it went hard right and stayed there. Next step was to replace the aftermarket yaw motor wth a DJI brand motor. It worked better, but it was far from right. It kept moving left and right like it was trying to find the middle of it's travel. I then changed the magnetic base of the new yaw motor to the one that came with the drone. It was a little better, so I knew I was going in the right direction. If you change parts on your own, sometimes the central processing unit needs to be re-calibrated to the new parts.
A lot of researching brought me to DJI Drone Service in Hillside New Jersey.
Honest, fast, knowledgeable, respectful, and did I mention honest. They could have sold me anything, they did not, they flashed my drone's computer and that is all that they charged me for. The results were more than I had expected. The drone and camera are working great.

See what you missed rootman, LOL ?
Good deal, glad it worked out well. DDS has been a lifesaving for many here. ?

Reactions: Jim Canada

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.