Use Samsung Gear VR work around

Reaction score
I just got a set of the Gear VR Consumer Edition ($99) and have read about the possibility of using them as FPV monitor but as per information on the forums, you need to connect the phone (in my case Note 5) to the headset, that will auto activate the Oculus app. But if you dont have root, you can download an app called Package Disabler and you can go there and freeze the Oculus services app from there. Start your Litchi (with start recording auto on) mount it to the headset and profit. Im currently away from home on a Military 3 week course, but as soon I get back, will try ot and report back.

Thanks ,keep us posted if it works. I just flip the connection tab up and put a little piece of cardboard to hold phone in better and it seemed to work. If it ever gets warmer by my house I'll try what you said.

Reactions: bebeloneovvl
Thanks ,keep us posted if it works. I just flip the connection tab up and put a little piece of cardboard to hold phone in better and it seemed to work. If it ever gets warmer by my house I'll try what you said.
Your method, does it work? Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: harrier75

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20