USB charging from Phantom 3 battery

Reaction score
I found this tidbit today, a USB charger. Since we all have Phantom 3 batteries I thought you guys might be interested. It lets you recharge phones, tablets, etc from your Phantom battery via this USB adapter @ 5V - 2A. That's twice as much as the 1A charge rate that the majority of the legacy USB chargers put out. These use to be $50 earlier in the year, which I thought was a bit out of reason, but these are only $20 so I bought one today. If you have a battery that's discharged down to 40% that you you'd rather not fly, use this USB adapter and take it down to 15% when you get in a pinch with your phone/tablet. Nice backup to keep in the case.
upload_2015-11-24_20-34-0.png

Reactions: Reed L
There is no limit for innovation.

Pretty cool but I don't see myself carrying around a P3 battery to charge my phone when they have pocket size chargers with 2amp outputs. Still a cool design. Bring on USB charging for the battery though!
1.jpg

Pretty cool but I don't see myself carrying around a P3 battery to charge my phone when they have pocket size chargers with 2amp outputs. Still a cool design. Bring on USB charging for the battery though!
1.jpg
This is for those times that you are out and the display device gets low on power, and you happen to have a battery at 35% in the bag that would work fine to give a little boost to the device, but too low to fly with. True, not a common occurrence, but good backup in the bag. I have found it's also a good option for camping when you don't have power to charge your phone (camera, video usage). A Phantom battery can charge a phone or iPad a lot more times than most other pocket chargers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164