Upgrading Phantom 2 to have Wi-Fi capabilities

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm new to this "sport" but have some experience with electronics and technology.
I was wondering, if i install the inner WiFi module on my Phantom 2, and the WiFi extender module on my RC, will i be able to use apps such as DJI's "Autopilot"?
Will i be able to relay the video from my current GoPro to my tablet? (as an addition to the current FPV i have).

If so, can anyone point me to where i can get such WiFi modules? (couldn't find it yet on-line).

Thank you very much!!

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm new to this "sport" but have some experience with electronics and technology.
I was wondering, if i install the inner WiFi module on my Phantom 2, and the WiFi extender module on my RC, will i be able to use apps such as DJI's "Autopilot"?
Will i be able to relay the video from my current GoPro to my tablet? (as an addition to the current FPV i have).

If so, can anyone point me to where i can get such WiFi modules? (couldn't find it yet on-line).

Thank you very much!!
It's apparent that your skills in electronics and technology need a slight overall. The P2 and RC unit uses 2.4Ghz frequency as does wifi and using wifi would interfere with control of the P2.
why rely on a tablet for the fpv?

instead of adding wifi why not going for the 2.4 bluetooth data link?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...age:IN+STOCK?gclid=CI2p18SMhMYCFYgBaQodxAoAwg
The Bluetooth data link is designed for a ground station which is a bit expensive.

Reaction score
It's not really feasible to try and turn your standard Phantom 2 into a Phantom 2 Vision... May as well sell it and get a Vision instead.
Besides, the FPV over the wi-fi link suffers from considerable lag compared with an analogue video transmission, which has no lag.

The P2 Vision has a control signal on the 5.8Ghz wifi band, the standard P2 has one on the 2.4Ghz band.
That's why it's sensible not to use 2.4Ghz wifi or video transmission when using a Phantom 2, DJI BT module excepted as it's designed for it.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies

I will rephrase, my i idea is not to use the WiFi for video link, all i wanted to be able to do is to use the Autopilot app and waypoints on my P2, i must admit though, that i missed the 2.4 and 5.8 variation between the models.

So as i see it, the BT DataLink is the one i need....

Thanks again!!

Reaction score
If the transmitter is 2.4g, as is the 2.4g datalink, they should be interchangeable, correct? Additionally, if the fpv runs on 5.8 (to a monitor, glasses, etc...); there should be no issues?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seccode