Upgrades again

It was worse for me. Here's my post to the DJI Owners site: 1:38pm Sep 14
TWO Harrowing experiences. Feedback on 4.0. Just had my FIRST flyaway experience!!! First of all, I'm having huge problems getting my Mod to calibrate down to the 1500-1700 level. I settled for 2000, probably my first mistake. I was in GPS and trying out HL and it took off. I went in hot pursuit, got over into another neighborhood about half a block away and found it still flying. By the way, I had switched to Failsafe when it took off. I couldn't get control of it and it started heading back to our house where it commenced to land pretty close to its original t/o position. Feeling a HUGE sigh of relief, I went back inside, recalibrated, went out to try it again. Did a couple of compass calibrations and got airborne. Still only had indication of only 6 satellites (one red lite). This time in ATTI only. The Phantom went out to my Max Radius of 20 meters and I had NO CONTROL except for throttle. I couldn't bring it in to me so I went to it, throttled back and grabbed it. Now I'm nervous as hell to try it at all. Any suggestions? I'm guessing I shouldn't try anything until I somehow get the Mod down to 1500-1700.

I later got my Mod down to 1695, put back in the old limits of 2000 meters and had a successful flight. I've seen videos of other Phantom owners having fly away problems and the no control problems at the distance limit. Hope they do a 4.1 that fixes all this stuff!!

It is starting to look like folk are simply not understanding what happens when the Phantom is reaching the radius limit. It's pretty clear what is supposed to happen in the instructions plus it's been covered here multiple times. It may not be an intuitive reaction to reaching the radius limit but it IS logical when you read up on it.

With respect, understanding why a lot of flyaways happen becomes easier once you realize many people simply don't read up on the array of functions and are behind the 8-ball when they're in the field and the thing is behaving in a way they are not expecting.

Everytime I read one of these threads I convince myself just to never update the firmware! Over 100 full battery flights on mine, never an upgrade And not a single problem? Idk...

If you use the link from the assistant software it goes to a Chinese version. If you go to there web site there is no Zip or exe to download?? What is up?

Ah so...wily oriental gentlemen strike again! I think Dr. Fu Manchu is writing the software.

I got it by using the SW to download. Looks like a problem with the fence limit. You will lose control when out of it, but the altitude does work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl