Upgraded my Advanced gimbal/cam to Pro...WOW!!!

Yawn. Here is my latest P3A recording analysed:

View attachment 59849

So yes, it can do 60Mbit/s. Ask me how if you must know. Or buy a pro instead if you think its a hardware limitation.

But even if it was 40 Mbit, thats plenty to process 5 Mbit, particularly while you're not recording or while recording at a much lower bitrate.

Believe all you want about it being a DSP thing. Thats true for 4K recording, not for lightbridge. Its just DJI wanting your money.

That's the recording on sd card DCIM\MEDIA\and so on, post media info from the same video clip in the phone's cache.

Do you have idea how I extract the files from my iPhone?
You hook yor android to computer and usually you can browse it just like it was usb stick, then search the dji go folder for the cached videos (if you have caching on). For I-stuff I don't have a clue if it's possible.
Some phones you have to switch it to data transfer mode from phones top pulldown menu first some swith automaticly.

Might be.

But let's proceed one step at a time. First, lets compare what hardware is capable of, I mean, LB itself. We will not hypothesize what DJI might or might not have done. Lets talk numbers.

Everybody , post your numbers!

Have you actually read the thread? The lightbridge unit, both receiver and transmitter is exactly the same, no one disputes or questions that, as the increase in FPV quality happens when you just switch camera's.

Feel free to measure any other parameter, but there isnt going to be a difference between P3A and P3P in this regard. Only differences will be local interference. And of course, the bitrate of the live video, which is the only thing people care about.

I have read many threads, post your media info from the cache. There's another thread that says they have diffrent chips in the gimbal unit's mainboard, even the other one has little fan for cooling, did you read that thread?

I'm only in for the thruth, don't get mad at me. I don't fly with gogles. We need someone post bitrate from p3p and one from p3a.

Okay,

I want a measured and reported info, rather than hypothesized subjective intuitive info, you see?

Yes I read the thread (twice) and exactly because of that I wrote my post! Because you will never end your hypothesizing unless you can measure and document your measuments. Really, people, are we talking of religion or something what cannot be tested by definition i.e., does God exists or not!.

Numbers. Pls do.

P3A video downloaded directly from DJI GO \DJI\dji.pilot\DJI_RECORD

bitrate analysis

H9OYWe0.jpg

That looks very much like what I see on my P3A, anywhere from arms length to ~1.5 Km (havent gone further, and dont intend to). I posted the bitrate graph of someone else's P3P a while back, but that was at "arms length" (<~100m), Id love to see some P3P data also at greater distances.

Because you will never end your hypothesizing unless you can measure and document your measuments.

Sure, but measure something useful and interesting. Like the graph posted by kdrak. Wifi file transfer rates isnt useful or interesting, I doubt anyone cares about that all. And it doesnt tell us anything really either, because there is no proven correlation with FPV bitrates. In fact, by your very post, you most likely disproved the correlation, as Ive yet to see a P3A achieve FPV bitrates anywhere near what you measured. So what does that tell you? Nothing.

I see.

So you don't want any real numbers, do you. You are interested to keep this topic fuzzy and mystified. For whatever reason.

Otherwise stating that nobody is interested in actual Light Bridge physical interface speed would appear nonsence for you guys.

You are sooo sure about whatever you beleive in, but before my post you were sure just as firmly that the slider doesnt change physical speed and now when I demonstrated it does you still are staring at it and saying "not relevant" , what an ignorance, people!

What would you say if I tell you that P4 actually changes its physical layer link speed just as the slider moves from 4 mbits to 10 mbits. I dont know though how P3P behaves in this sense, and does it differ from P3A with gimbal/camera updated.

How can you even start considering this problem without knowing you physical layer link capacity!
If the test will show the same behaviour for P3P and modified P3A, it will be first real proof that changing gimbal/camera makes Professional from Advanced.

(facepalm)

So you don't want any real numbers, do you. You are interested to keep this topic fuzzy and mystified. For whatever reason.

The charts represent very real numbers that are representative of real world FPV performance, which is what this thread is about. Its the ONLY objective test I can think off that clearly shows how a particular phantom version performs in FPV video quality.

BTW, we should include in results if its EU or US version. The EU has more limited tx power. Mine is EU, and my numbers are generally a tad below kdrak's.

If the test will show the same behaviour for P3P and modified P3A, it will be first real proof that changing gimbal/camera makes Professional from Advanced.

No it wont. You're not testing the physical link layer, you're testing file transfer speeds. The Pro will almost certainly behave exactly like the advanced in your file transfer test. If it does, it only shows what we've been saying all along (same lightbridge unit), and file transfer is not impacted by firmware limitations, but it says nothing about the FPV experience.

Even if the Pro does better than the advanced, we wont know if its due to a firmware limitation impacting the LB on the P3A or some other reason.

The only thing your test can accomplish, and did accomplish, is showing the bitrate slider has some theoretical use on the P3A:
you can throttle file transfers. Yay!

Reactions: HWCM
I'm only in for the thruth, don't get mad at me. I don't fly with gogles. We need someone post bitrate from p3p and one from p3a.
He was not replying to you, Look at who he quoted.

Thanks for the bitrates, kdrak - that is useful info.

I'm really hoping that someone will post a P3A FPV live feed since what it actually looks like is the only thing that truly matters. HWCM said he was going to fly this weekend and post, maybe he will.

Well, last weekend came and went, and nobody posted a P3A live feed video. Naysayers, it's your big chance to prove that there's no difference :)

Well, last weekend came and went, and nobody posted a P3A live feed video. Naysayers, it's your big chance to prove that there's no difference :)
FYI in case you're interested here is link to comparison videos from back when the big difference in FPV (downlink bitrate) quality first became widely known:
RC Groups - View Single Post - Blurry Pixelation in outdoor settings with Phantom 3 Advanced

It came as a result of this thread from @Cactus which led much of the community to realize how much better the P3P FPV is in comparison to the P3A when complex scenes (trees, grass, etc) are viewed with goggles or on larger screens.

Sorry in advance if someone already posted the links. I skipped through the thread a bit since this topic has been discussed at great length a few times before.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Thanks, Oso - just what we were looking for. This was exactly my experience with my P3A, now P3P; as expected, the videos speak for themselves. You can see why I just wasn't confident in my ability to see power lines and even small branches with the limited Lightbridge. Now, it's wide open.

BUT OMG THE LIGHTBRIDGE IS LOCATED IN THE PROPELLORS AND ITS EXACTLY THE SAME AND NOTHING IS DIFFERENT!!!!! AND SD CARD VIDEO!!! THERE IS NO HARDWARE LIMITATION!!!!

Sorry, just had to :)

So there it is, folks - if you do any flying like this (and who doesn't) and are unsatisfied with the P3A feed, upgrade and don't look back! Life's too short. I'm out.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj