Updating Firmware

Reaction score
So I was updating my AC and all went well until about 90% and I got a message "Device Not Supported By DJI". I pressed ok and it continued to update then I got the same message two more times. It finally completed the update and all seems well.

I have used the same iPad mini 4 from day one, why am I getting this message now?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I got is well and read somewhere else it happened too. I guess it's part of the upgrade process with this version and this DJI Go app. All readings are nominal after that, don't forget to upgrade you spare batteries as well.

All readings are nominal after that, don't forget to upgrade you spare batteries as well.

Anything special about upgrading the spare batteries that I need to know about?

Can I assume that the battery in the drone gets upgraded during the initial update?

AD

Got as well this message with iOS but didn't have to press OK (went away itself). Can't say it's normal but at least update doesn't fail globally.

With regards to the battery, if you observe it during aicraft update the battery will blink a lot and in particular the two central leds; this is a battery firmware update included in craft update.
Once P4 update completed, restart everything but with another battery if you have several, to update them also. Slide button should appear i.e in GO app welcome screen when all connected (can take some time).
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do not go to the camera right away, wait awhile and the "Inconsistent Firmware" will appear...slide to update.

Anything special about upgrading the spare batteries that I need to know about?
You can find detailed firmware instructions here. The section on updating spare batteries starts at step #21.

How do you update the batteries? I updated the drone yesterday and got same message but got it done ok. Do I need to install each battery and it tell me to update each battery?

You can find detailed firmware instructions here. The section on updating spare batteries starts at step #21.
Thanks for the pointer.
Firmware updated. Batteries updated. Page bookmarked for future reference!

No apparent problems with the update and 4 "test" flights showed no range or video problems from my normal flying routine.

AD

Hello everybody.
I'am new here and wanted to introduce me quickly.
My name is Daniel, 35 years, I'm from Switzerland and I aquired a Phantom 4 one week ago. I am absolutely new to this topic and I'm trying to learn as much/quickly as I can. This forum is extremely helpful and I've found already lots of great informations for first-time flyers like me... :)
Some days ago I've updated the AC/Remote/Battery to the latest version and so I did also with the two spare batteries (I've followed msingers tutorial step 21).
As I wanted to take off for my first flight the App (iOS) told me that the Phantom was unable to start beause of an battery signal failure...
This happened only to the two spare batteries NOT to the one which was inserted during the firmware update.

I thougt that it would be a good idea to empty the battery and charge it again but I have still the same error.

Has somebody experienced the same problem?
Thank you in advance for your support.

Some days ago I've updated the AC/Remote/Battery to the latest version and so I did also with the two spare batteries (I've followed msingers tutorial step 21).
Are you sure the batteries were updated? Maybe give it another try to make sure there isn't a firmware update waiting to be installed on them.

Reactions: Savoir-Vivre
Thank you for your appreciated reply. When I put one of the problematic batteries in and start the dj go app nothing happens. So I think they have been updated (the two middle led lights were flashing quickly during the process on wednesday...)
Is there a solution for a forced update of the batteries only?

Did you try to connect your mobile device to the Internet, connect your Phantom, start DJI GO, and wait at the DJI GO home screen for a few minutes? It sometimes takes a minute or two for the inconsistent firmware message to appear.

Yes, that's what I did. But I didn't wait for more than a minute... :) I'll try it with more patience on sunday when I'm back home. I'll let you know if it's worked. Thank you msinger.

I was waiting now for three minutes - no information popped up…
I'll try now to downgrade to an older version (1.02.503) - and the I'll see if the batteries work again…

…ok back on x.xx.503: the one of the batteries (which was inserted during the downgrade - let's name it number 2) does work again! - the other one (say number 3) still not and the one which worked with the new firmware (my number 1) is also fine.

… now I'm upgrading to the newest firmware with the number 3 inserted. During the upgrade (32%-38%) the two middle leds were on (the left one blinking rapidly). So I guess that it has been upgraded.

Now the magic moment: number 2 and 3 NOT working under the newest firmware.

What happened during all my up- and downgrades: At the final 10% of the installation the App told me twice that my device isn't supported. But in the end it arrived at 100% and it showed me the correct version number in the info screen.

Should I try it with the Assistant 2 software for macOS instead?

I was waiting now for three minutes - no information popped up…
I'll try now to downgrade to an older version (1.02.503) - and the I'll see if the batteries work again…

…ok back on x.xx.503: the one of the batteries (which was inserted during the downgrade - let's name it number 2) does work again! - the other one (say number 3) still not and the one which worked with the new firmware (my number 1) is also fine.

… now I'm upgrading to the newest firmware with the number 3 inserted. During the upgrade (32%-38%) the two middle leds were on (the left one blinking rapidly). So I guess that it has been upgraded.

Now the magic moment: number 2 and 3 NOT working under the newest firmware.

What happened during all my up- and downgrades: At the final 10% of the installation the App told me twice that my device isn't supported. But in the end it arrived at 100% and it showed me the correct version number in the info screen.

Should I try it with the Assistant 2 software for macOS instead?
Not sure that I can add anything else as I had similar messages pop up during my upgrade yesterday on my P4. I followed msinger's instructions exactly as written and despite my third world internet service over here, it worked out fine. With respect to the batteries, I had a couple of critical battery messages appear but after powering down the drone and rebooting it, had no problems. Took it out for a 4 Klm flight and it worked fine. Don't want to sound stupid but being a simpleton I have the need to to follow instructions exactly as they are written despite an overwhelming desire to preempt the intent and jump a step or two.

After several attempts to fix the problem I have no clue how to proceed. I've contacted the support and they told me to send in these two problematic batteries. I will do so and I hope they will find a (hopefully inexpensive) solution for that problem...

Just to let you know: According to the support the two batteries had a firmware problem. They sent me two replacements and they work fine (after inserting for the first time they were updated in my Phantom 4).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic