Updating battery firmware?

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my extra batteries from DJI but I got to thinking that I probably need to keep firmware updated on those as well? I imagine when I do updates on the P4 that it does the same on the batteries so does that mean I have to repeat the process with every battery? I searched the threads but only found a mention regarding the P3.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, you need to install the firmware on each battery.

I updated my P4 no problems with the cable via the app. Put in the second battery and nothing about firmware needs updating. Went and flew. No issues.

Charged both batteries and went flying again. When I put the second battery in that didn't have the firmware update, as soon as I turned on the P4 the app said modules were out of date (modules means battery). I slide right to update and it took 30 seconds (no need to connect cable to P4). I left everything on and tried to take off. Got a battery error saying battery was too cold. It was 80 out. Turned off the P4 and controller and restarted both. Error went away and been flying ever since.

After the firmware battery update make sure to restart both the P4 and controller. The app doesn't prompt you to do so but be sure to.

I updated my P4 no problems with the cable via the app. Put in the second battery and nothing about firmware needs updating. Went and flew. No issues.

Charged both batteries and went flying again. When I put the second battery in that didn't have the firmware update, as soon as I turned on the P4 the app said modules were out of date (modules means battery). I slide right to update and it took 30 seconds (no need to connect cable to P4). I left everything on and tried to take off. Got a battery error saying battery was too cold. It was 80 out. Turned off the P4 and controller and restarted both. Error went away and been flying ever since.

After the firmware battery update make sure to restart both the P4 and controller. The app doesn't prompt you to do so but be sure to.

I know I asked this yesterday, but got no notification of a firmware update when I turned the bird on with the additional battery. Hmm

Same for me on extra battery. I did the initial firmware update with the battery that came with the P4. Went to the local Apple store yesterday, and bought an extra one. First time I put into the P4, no notice on any upgrade.

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
So I have now had a second battery for several days and I have cycled the P4 numerous times with the new battery but no mention of updating firmware. Maybe I'm missing something?

Same here. 2nd battery did not need update. Maybe I got the second batch of batteries that had been already updated.

Order straight from dji 2 days after p4 was released.

Same here. 2nd battery did not need update. Maybe I got the second batch of batteries that had been already updated.

Order straight from dji 2 days after p4 was released.

My 2nd battery arrived yesterday with one bar 23% charged direct from DJI. Came out of California. Charged to 50% and turned on the P4 with it. Does not need updating so far.

After the firmware firmware update make sure to restart both the P4 and controller. The app doesn't prompt you to do so but be sure to.
Kman, after I initially updated everything upon receipt of my P4 (RC, P4, Go app) I got the same update notice after flying just one day. I thought it was odd that just one day after everything was updated that I get a message in the Go app saying another update was needed. So I did the update the next day and it turned out to be an update to the RC, not battery. I've never updated my extra two batteries and haven't got any indication it's needed. Your interpretation of "modules" may be incorrect, that's why no cables were needed to the P4.

Kman, after I initially updated everything upon receipt of my P4 (RC, P4, Go app) I got the same update notice after flying just one day. I thought it was odd that just one day after everything was updated that I get a message in the Go app saying another update was needed. So I did the update the next day and it turned out to be an update to the RC, not battery. I've never updated my extra two batteries and haven't got any indication it's needed. Your interpretation of "modules" may be incorrect, that's why no cables were needed to the P4.
I was thinking batteries were updating automatically when plugged into an updated aircraft, im i wrong ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT