Updated shell cracked :/

So I just got off the phone with technical support. Took about 10 min wait, not bad. They sent me a shipping label and instructions on how and where to send the bird. They said the techs will have to determine if it's a stress crack and not damage from crashing. I never crashed this drone, there isn't a single scratch on the shell. Hopefully they don't pull any funny business. I wonder how they check to see if it's been crashed before. But from the pictures, doesn't it look like a stress crack?
it is crashed, the internal flight log will show it and they will use that to reject the claim.

B

it is crashed, the internal flight log will show it and they will use that to reject the claim.

B
sorry - I mistyped that "IF it is crashed". the original post makes me sound like I believe you were being dishonest. That is not the case. Sorry.

So I've been doing some research all over. At this point I'm lost with the shell verities. There is a few any way. Vent sizes, bracing blame blaw goes on. I simply took a strong flash light turned of the lights flipped the quad over and shined it through the motor. Found that I do have the X bracing at the motors but I have small side vents on the body. I figured if the motor section is braced then you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not familiar

So my bird has been received by DJI and they are currently evaluating it. That was quick. This is the second time dealing with DJI customer support and it's not too shabby. People swear like its the worst ever. I'll keep this thread updated. Hopefully they change top and bottom shells

That's good to hear. maybe the bad press finally got down the chain of command and they are doing something about their customer service.

I have exactly the same problem with P3P.control before the flight noticed a crack
put it in a suitcase , took photographs and sent to DJs , now wait
new shel with new engines 4 months old

I too developed a stress crack around two motor mount screw holes. I sent it into DJI last week, they've made the repairs free of charge to me, and I just received an email saying it was shipped back to me today. That's pretty darn quick turnaround. I am impressed.

They received mine last Friday for cracks. One on the bottom under an engine, and the other was on a different arm on the top, near an engine. They emailed me today saying it was repaired and shipped at no charge. I just hope I can get one that won't crack again.

I was reading on the DJI website that there is no warranty on the frame. Not sure if that means the shell? I have had this drone for around 7-8 months. Is it even worth sending it in? I don't Want to go thru a hassle.
There is no warranty on the shell. Mine developed cracks after about 6 or 7 flights. DJI told me there's no warranty on my shell. My advance was bought in July 2015.

There is no warranty on the shell. Mine developed cracks after about 6 or 7 flights. DJI told me there's no warranty on my shell. My advance was bought in July 2015.
There is a warranty on the shell now, since they've discovered there's a flaw in some of the molding processes, or a bad batch of them. Just ask around.

image.jpeg
There is a warranty on the shell now, since they've discovered there's a flaw in some of the molding processes, or a bad batch of them. Just ask around.
Iv got an email yesterday from DJI saying my phantom 3 advance shell is not covered.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20