Updated my phone to Android 7 - DJI GO & Litchi Issues

Reaction score
Hi, i've been using my ASUS ZenFone 3 Max - ZC553KL -, with Android 6 Marshmallow without any problem, never had any issue with DJI GO or Litchi..

But now i have a big problem, it started after Asus released the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update, now Litchi minimizes and disconnect everytime, i can't fly, DJI GO is having the same issue.

I also cannot rollback to Android 6.0, been searching for solutions for two days without sucess..

PLEASE HELP!

Hi J, you did not mention which DJI product that you had. If you have a Phantom 3 Standard or 4K, this is an Android 7 limitation

Before you start DJI Go or Litchi, try the following:
  1. Put the phone into airplane to turn off the radio
  2. Connect the AC's wi-fi
  3. Start the app.
In Android 7, if you have both Wi-Fi and cellular Internet enabled and the Wi-Fi does not have access to the Internet, Android switches back to cellular data and pretty much ignores the Wi-Fi connection.

Hello anotherlab,

I tried this and every other solution i could find, messed around with android basic and advanced settings,in the end nothing works, after a lot of research i came to the conclude that there is no solution.

The only one would be to downgrade the android version, but unfortunately its not possible in this model, not at the costumer end..

So i ended up getting a new phone, the same model, ASUS ZenFone 3 Max - ZC553KL -, i found a guy selling one new, closed box, lucky me!

Now everything works great with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, plus the previous phone screen glass was cracked, now i can Fly all day with DJIGO or Litchi without a single issue, lag or freeze.

Asus play a dirt game, they will pop up a notification asking you to update to 7.1.1 Nougat, and you can't remove this notification, just ignore it..

So everyone, be advised, if you got this phone or are thinking about buying one, go ahed, its excellent for the purpose, FPV with the 5.5 screen is amazing, JUST STAY AWAY FROM ANDROID UPGRADE!

Got in some trouble too after updating my huawei M3 Tablet to android 7, it seems others had some issue with android 7 and dji app too: controller is connected and recognized by your mobile BUT can't get in camera view 'coz app says "disconnected", but I solved it!
Here is how to work it out if you have this issue with android 7:

Assuming your controller and drone are indeed connected but yet camera view is not available, you just need to clean the mobile memory (RAM), don't ask me why, I don't know, but after checking any other thing (different usb cables too! lol!) I can confirm that in my case the problem was just that!
Something seems to stay in the mobile's memory cache (ram) stopping the app from recognizing your drone.
This happened both with dji go 3 (phantom 3 Advanced) and dji go 4 (Mavic Pro) and both were solved just cleaning memory with Huawei M3 app. Hope this can help you as well!
With huawei products it's very easy: just use mobile mangement app to clean memory and everything works fine! ;)

I'm not sure if it's the same thing causing your problem, but trying can't do any harm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.