Update Required

Yes. Same one. Just so frustrating. Thanks for trying to help me out. So if someone could steer me to where to download that service .bin file, I can give that a whirl.

Man, I wish I never would have decided to update the firmware. It was all perfect before that!

Did you power it off when the gimble went limp? Thinking it was done?

C0ps - what happens when I turn it on.....the camera does the little dance like normal...then the beeping starts....then a few seconds after that the camera goes limp face down. So it was face down for the 2+ hours. I can take a vid and post it if you think that would help with a diagnostic.

Thanks DaGunn. I really appreciate it. I think at this point I am going to have a drink and go to bed. And give it a shot in the morning.

Thanks to all that have chimed in here. I REALLY appreciate your help in trying to figure this thing out. Nice to know when in need there are people who are willing to help. I'll be back tomorrow with an update...........

Craig before you try the service bin do the firmware upgrade again but use another SD CARD. Im thinking something could of gone wrong with your SD card.

Um, uh oh. I just updated my fw, I left it on table to beep beep away while I shopped for dinner. Came back 30 mins later and still flashing lights, slow yellow rear red front solid, but green steady on camera and beep was different... Beep-----Beep Beep
So I shut it down thinking it finished, checked txt file said success...um, was it supposed to stop flashing and beeping altogether?? Rut ro

Um, uh oh. I just updated my fw, I left it on table to beep beep away while I shopped for dinner. Came back 30 mins later and still flashing lights, slow yellow rear red front solid, but green steady on camera and beep was different... Beep-----Beep Beep
So I shut it down thinking it finished, checked txt file said success...um, was it supposed to stop flashing and beeping altogether?? Rut ro
Breeeep .......beep..beep is what you want. That means complete

Reactions: Tricky
So......got up this morning. Formatted different card, loaded it and let it go for another 2 hours. Didn't work. Downloaded the service.bin file onto another FAT32 formatted card and loaded it. Same thing. Just Beeps repeatedly. My deduction is that the card is just not being read for some reason. I re-sat the 8 pin connector going into gimbal just to be sure that the connection was good, no difference. So at this point, I think it is best to send to DJI, as this is maybe more than a firmware issue, and I am sure they can figure it out.

I still have my FC-40....but its going to be like going from a Ferrari to a Volkswagen for the next 8 weeks!

(no offense to Volkswagen owners.........)

Just told you what to do...follow exactly and wait up to 2 hours. If after 2 hours its still beeping i would try another sd card...your phantom will snap out of it

2 Hours, will the battery even last that long!?

Sounds good.
That's what Mine did when it completed, solid gimble LED and 'Success' in the txt file.

Reactions: Tricky
So......got up this morning. Formatted different card, loaded it and let it go for another 2 hours. Didn't work. Downloaded the service.bin file onto another FAT32 formatted card and loaded it. Same thing. Just Beeps repeatedly. My deduction is that the card is just not being read for some reason. I re-sat the 8 pin connector going into gimbal just to be sure that the connection was good, no difference. So at this point, I think it is best to send to DJI, as this is maybe more than a firmware issue, and I am sure they can figure it out.

I still have my FC-40....but its going to be like going from a Ferrari to a Volkswagen for the next 8 weeks!

(no offense to Volkswagen owners.........)
Use the original SD card that came with your P3. Format it on your PC. Make sure you unzipped the services file, so that you are copying the .bin file and not the .zip file to the root of the SD card. Put it in the bird, power on, and within 5-10 minutes it will be done. Power off the bird, read the log on the SD card, if success, then delete all files and folders. Put FW 1.1.9 on card, put in bird, power on bird... takes about 10 minutes to upgrade. Power off bird, take out card, read log if success, then delete files. Test your bird with controller and pilot app if Ok then put FW 1.3.2 on SD put in bird, power on, should take about 10-15 minutes to upgrade. You will be golden.

It was the .bin service file I loaded onto the formatted (original) card. Not the .zip file. I unzipped it and put the .bin file on the card. Like the previous attempts, the Phantom just didn't read the card. Spent another hour chatting with DJI and they agreed there is something wrong. Should have read the card, but it didn't. "Not communicating" is what the tech said. Anyway...i am done with it......it is on it's way to Carson. It will be interesting to see what went wrong.

Hi here's a question. Updated my phantom three last night and the file said success. However in DGI pilot the firm ware still says 119. I am using an android. My app is also still telling me upgrade firmware. Is there a way to know if my firmware upgrade

I know it does...but I did the firmware update.....and I have done it before with no problems.....but this time after I got the "successful" txt.....turned the Phantom on and just got this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Went through a lot on another thread and finally went to DJI.....they said there is a problem and to send it to them. I don't want to send it anywhere....but I have tried everything i can think of.....any other suggestions would be most welcome!
Same problem here, just sent mine off yesterday for the 8 week turn around. Looks just like the problem you are having. All I got was the beep beep and the iPad said ready to fly.
Jack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.