Update Remote Controller Firmware from USB-stick?

Reaction score
Can I update my remote controller firmware using USB-stick or do I have to go through the DJI GO app now? Last time I updated by using a USB-stick with the .bin file on. In the "How to" file it now say that I use the DJI GO app.

Can I update my remote controller firmware using USB-stick or do I have to go through the DJI GO app now? Last time I updated by using a USB-stick with the .bin file on. In the "How to" file it now say that I use the DJI GO app.
You can, but you may not have to if your controller is a 300 B. It will update from the app. The P3 has to be updated as originally, thru the SD CARD

Thank you. How do I know if the controller is a 300 B? Sorry, I'm a newbee...
look on the tag on the back it will say 300 A or 300 B-- if you just got your P3 it will probably be a 300 B

I updated mine (model A) via USB stick without a problem. It is my understanding, FUTURE updates will go though the App (no need for USB) for the model A. Make sure, the USB stick is empty (I mean really empty) as some come with software on it from the stick manufacturer. It takes just a couple of mi utes and your update will be done.

I updated mine (model A) via USB stick without a problem. It is my understanding, FUTURE updates will go though the App (no need for USB) for the model A. Make sure, the USB stick is empty (I mean really empty) as some come with software on it from the stick manufacturer. It takes just a couple of mi utes and your update will be done.
Thank you.

Yes it looks like future updates will go through the App as the How-to says: "You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards."

Thanks for tip about empty USB stick.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4