Update on P4P crash and replacement

Reaction score
Crashed my P4P November 13th as some of you may remember.

This thread is just updating the overall outcome.
So you know what to expect if it were to happen to you.

Before I shipped it off to DJI, I called and told them I have the protection plan and when can I expect an aircraft back in my hands. They said 5-10 business days from the day it was shipped out to them.

Well its December 7th, Thursday. I just got my replacement unit. I can clearly tell its a refurbished unit. But, I was expecting that. Seems to fly well.

November 13th - Crashed
November 14th- Shipped out
November 22nd - DJI (California) received unit
November 23rd-26th - Holiday/Weekend could not process repair or case.
November 27th - (10am) Acknowledged they received the aircraft and sent it to repair for evaluation. (4pm) evaluated repair (5pm) called them, they told me its now being sent to analysis team and I should have a quote by 24-48 hours
November 28th - (4pm) Quote of $266 sent to me and informed I was the one who crashed the aircraft (5pm) called them tried to fight the case, no luck. Told them to go through the Refresh protection plan, so they sent request.
November 29th - Got updated quote of $99 with DJI Refresh Protection Plan - paid it.
December 1st - Called DJI trying to find out information on shipping out replacement unit. They told me payment has to process will take 2-3 business days.
December 5th - Payment processed, aircraft sent to assessment team to verify aircraft is in working condition
December 6th - Sent to shipping team (10 am) Shipped out (6pm)
December 7th - Received replacement unit (1030am)

I had to literally call them 7 times to get updates and track the progress as it was well passed the 5-10 business dates they estimated it would take. A total of 18 business days and almost 4 weeks from when the broken aircraft was sent out and received the replacement. Not too bad. But, that could be a problem for others.

Crashed my P4P November 13th as some of you may remember.

This thread is just updating the overall outcome.
So you know what to expect if it were to happen to you.

Before I shipped it off to DJI, I called and told them I have the protection plan and when can I expect an aircraft back in my hands. They said 5-10 business days from the day it was shipped out to them.

Well its December 7th, Thursday. I just got my replacement unit. I can clearly tell its a refurbished unit. But, I was expecting that. Seems to fly well.

November 13th - Crashed
November 14th- Shipped out
November 22nd - DJI (California) received unit
November 23rd-26th - Holiday/Weekend could not process repair or case.
November 27th - (10am) Acknowledged they received the aircraft and sent it to repair for evaluation. (4pm) evaluated repair (5pm) called them, they told me its now being sent to analysis team and I should have a quote by 24-48 hours
November 28th - (4pm) Quote of $266 sent to me and informed I was the one who crashed the aircraft (5pm) called them tried to fight the case, no luck. Told them to go through the Refresh protection plan, so they sent request.
November 29th - Got updated quote of $99 with DJI Refresh Protection Plan - paid it.
December 1st - Called DJI trying to find out information on shipping out replacement unit. They told me payment has to process will take 2-3 business days.
December 5th - Payment processed, aircraft sent to assessment team to verify aircraft is in working condition
December 6th - Sent to shipping team (10 am) Shipped out (6pm)
December 7th - Received replacement unit (1030am)

I had to literally call them 7 times to get updates and track the progress as it was well passed the 5-10 business dates they estimated it would take. A total of 18 business days and almost 4 weeks from when the broken aircraft was sent out and received the replacement. Not too bad. But, that could be a problem for others.
Not good, but thanks for letting us know.:(

From everything I have read, but never experienced first hand myself, once a unit is refurbed they add an “R” to the end of the serial number (for Refurbished”) if it was done by DJI or DJI Authorized Repair shops. Since you were dealing with DJI directly it hints that you should be in possession of a new and not refurbished bird. What makes you sure it is a refurb as opposed to new?

From everything I have read, but never experienced first hand myself, once a unit is refurbed they add an “R” to the end of the serial number (for Refurbished”) if it was done by DJI or DJI Authorized Repair shops.
FYI, in the US, DJI authorized repair shops do not perform warranty work for free. They also will not perform refresh repairs for free. The authorized DJI repair shops can repair damaged craft caused by pilot error during the warranty period (which isn't covered under warranty), and they will charge you a repair fee. Having an authorized shop perform the repair work allows your warranty to stay intact. Non authorized shops doing work to your craft will void the warranty going forward.

Yes, 2-3wks is about normal if you live near DJI California, like me (30mi), but if you live elsewhere in the US add more shipping time. I've had 4 occasions to send my craft in for warranty work. 3 of those times they sent me a whole new craft, no refurbs. The last time I sent in my P4P for a gimbal vibration and that time they actually replaced the gimbal/camera unit. I was happy they didn't replace the drone, as I wanted my old firmware intact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.