Upcoming P3 roadtrip challenges (single battery, extreme weather)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having a road trip for 9 days in iceland with my P3P (single battery). While I'm super excited about it, I'm a bit worried about the potential challenges. I only have a total of 1 hr drone experience so hopefully someone can help with my questions. Thanks in advance!

So my main questions/concerns are:

1. How do I survive with only 1 battery (I don't think I could possible get the pre ordered battery in time... :()? Iceland has so many good spots and it would be ideal if I could fly 4~5 times day (or even more) . The thing I could think of to restore power is to buy a car charger: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MDXS0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, which was proved to be working with P2. So I assume I could just recharge in the car. Did everybody try this thing before? Does it charge fast enough?

2. How to make battery works better if I have to recharge a single battery multiple times a day? Say I do a fly it takes 10mins, can I just go to my car and charge to 20mins? Or it's a better practice to do another flight so the battery runs out and do a complete charge?

3. Has anybody experienced rain/snow during flight? I heard that the weather is super unpredictable in Iceland, wondering what should I do if it starts to rain during my flight, just return home instantly? Any tips on this?

Hi guys,

I'm having a road trip for 9 days in iceland with my P3P (single battery). While I'm super excited about it, I'm a bit worried about the potential challenges. I only have a total of 1 hr drone experience so hopefully someone can help with my questions. Thanks in advance!

So my main questions/concerns are:

1. How do I survive with only 1 battery (I don't think I could possible get the pre ordered battery in time... :()? Iceland has so many good spots and it would be ideal if I could fly 4~5 times day (or even more) . The thing I could think of to restore power is to buy a car charger: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MDXS0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, which was proved to be working with P2. So I assume I could just recharge in the car. Did everybody try this thing before? Does it charge fast enough?

2. How to make battery works better if I have to recharge a single battery multiple times a day? Say I do a fly it takes 10mins, can I just go to my car and charge to 20mins? Or it's a better practice to do another flight so the battery runs out and do a complete charge?

3. Has anybody experienced rain/snow during flight? I heard that the weather is super unpredictable in Iceland, wondering what should I do if it starts to rain during my flight, just return home instantly? Any tips on this?
All I can say is Yes to #2 and No to #3. Charge as you need and then discharge after about 10 flights or so. Don't fly in wet conditions. Did you even look at the drone and notice a bunch of vents? It's not waterproof.

All I can say is Yes to #2 and No to #3. Charge as you need and then discharge after about 10 flights or so. Don't fly in wet conditions. Did you even look at the drone and notice a bunch of vents? It's not waterproof.

Ah ok thanks for the advice. Yea I will definitely hold if it's raining already but just wondering in case it suddenly starts to rain during the flight. Guess I just need to be careful then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20