Unwanted Hesitation - Litchi Missions

Reaction score
I've noticed in several of my Litchi missions that, for no apparent, reason, the drone will slow down dramatically for a moment as it reaches a waypoint, then pick up speed again. I understand the drone will slow as it goes around sharp corners, but these instances have happened during a path that's relatively straight.

In my most recent incident, I had each waypoint set to use the cruising speed, which was set as 25 mph. I had around 35 waypoints, and this happened a couple of times near the last 2/3 or so of the mission. I'm using the Android version of Litchi.

Any thoughts what might be going on here? This isn't a huge issue, but it kind of spoils the video when the drone slows down all of a sudden, then speeds back up.

Thanks!

John

John can you post your Litchi mission and the associated video so we can see what you're seeing?

Sure - what do you need from the mission? It doesn't appear the speed parameter comes across on the csv download, though, which would seem an important piece. Is there a different method to get you the mission?

That's interesting, as the waypoints I'm complaining about have 0 degrees of curve. I am, however, using the curved turns master setting for the mission.

That's interesting, as the waypoints I'm complaining about have 0 degrees of curve. I am, however, using the curved turns master setting for the mission.
Oh. If you have curved turns set then mine is not the explanation.

Sure - what do you need from the mission? It doesn't appear the speed parameter comes across on the csv download, though, which would seem an important piece. Is there a different method to get you the mission?
Can you post the link to mission hub? And make sure the mission is public?

Even if curved is selected, if the curve is zero, it will slow/stop. Just add some curve to it. If you add waypoints between existing ones, they will always be zero and you have to add the curve yourself.

Reactions: RodPad
Yes, as @Pharm stated. ;)

Rod

Even if curved is selected, if the curve is zero, it will slow/stop. Just add some curve to it. If you add waypoints between existing ones, they will always be zero and you have to add the curve yourself.
Wait. Really? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

Wait. Really? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.
Oh wait. Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying that all you need to do is add a curve size to the waypoint without actually making it change direction there?

Oh wait. Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying that all you need to do is add a curve size to the waypoint without actually making it change direction there?
I’m still not sure that’s correct. I’ll have to test it. I just looked at a mission I have flown a lot around my property line and a handful of straight line waypoints have curve size of zero. And I’ve never noticed a hesitation.

This certainly seems plausible. Odd behavior on the part of the app, but certainly fixable! Thanks for the replies, all!

I just tested this with this mission I whipped up quickly. The first leg had waypoints with zero degree curve. The aircraft blew right through without slowing or stopping.

I’m on iOS. Maybe that makes a difference.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I don't know, I'm using a crApple myself.
I have had to make sure to have curves on missions since the get go, because it would start and stop at each waypoint.

Check out this post.
My most daring mission!

His mission is still on line.
Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod

I just took a quick look, one is at 5:51 on the video, you see the props dip into the picture.

Rod

Added: Another pause at 6:51.

I just took a quick look, one is at 5:51 on the video, you see the props dip into the picture.

Rod

Added: Another pause at 6:51.
Which video? Did I miss a link?

He modified his mission, here is the one he posted originally.

Mission Hub - Litchi

@VegasFlyer, I and @bsartist are talking about you, have you ran your mission again, you kind of disappeared lately?

Rod

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers