Unplugging the Flight Battery: Suggestions for Women Pilots?

Lets not get personal now .
facepalm.gif

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
NOW : Don't forget to pack the glove in the suitcase and a few extras for what she is right or left handed !

Reactions: Basspig
When I first got my P4 I was having the same problem with removing the battery. It got so bad I started thinking that there was a defect in either the battery or the slot. I mean, it was REALLY bad. I even thought about putting some light grease on the battery. Surprise!!! That didn't work either. I finally found a YouTube video showing how it is done. (Not sure of the video address, but it's there with a simple search.) Put the AC on a table, place both thumbs on the top, both index fingers on the bottom of the clips. With the top of each hand resting against the arms, squeeze and gently pull. It comes out like butter. And for all the nay - sayers...there is no chance that this procedure is going to cause any stress or damage whatsoever to the arms. In fact, there is barely any pressure at all put on them. The real pressure is on the battery clips with the two thumbs and two fingers. The "pulling" action actually comes from the wrists.

Reactions: Basspig
I've been going over the entire flight procedure with my wife, who will be using this P4P v2.0 in the Philippines in August.

The one thing she has not been able to do is remove the battery for charging. She simply can't exert enough squeeze on the top/bottom buttons to release the battery. My daughter tried it and she can't do it either. For me, even with arthritis, it is easy. But I'm a body builder and have strong hands.

So the question is, how can she remove the battery after a flight? Is there a tool or aid that those with less hand strength can use to assist in removing the battery? This is a real problem for her if she cannot change batteries while on this trip.

I’m a small woman and don’t have the best hand strength anymore and I’ve had some trouble removing the batteries too. A kitchen rubber glove works for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik