UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

ILoveCoffee, here is the crash log from your app when trying to enter the ground station screen. It looks like the home point of the tablet may not be handled properly in some cases.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at dji.gs.control.GsManager.getHomePoint(GsManager.java)
at dji.gs.control.GsManager.access$14(GsManager.java)
at dji.gs.control.GsManager$3.run(GsManager.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

rwskinner said:
ILoveCoffee, here is the crash log from your app when trying to enter the ground station screen. It looks like the home point of the tablet may not be handled properly in some cases.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at dji.gs.control.GsManager.getHomePoint(GsManager.java)
at dji.gs.control.GsManager.access$14(GsManager.java)
at dji.gs.control.GsManager$3.run(GsManager.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

Turn off "use phone as home point"

It's receiving a null value causing it to crash.

Yes, I know. That was why I sent the crash log. In the GSManager.java GetHomePoint there is a place where it tries so many times to validate the home point and if it's not correct and writes it to the log. I did not continue tracing it, but it is definitely from a bad gps location from the mobile device being passed to the GS home point location.

rwskinner said:
Yes, I know. That was why I sent the crash log. In the GSManager.java GetHomePoint there is a place where it tries so many times to validate the home point and if it's not correct and writes it to the log. I did not continue tracing it, but it is definitely from a bad gps location from the mobile device being passed to the GS home point location.

Gethomepoint is a function altered by me and it pretty much uses code from the same function that will focus the map on your location using your device, but I've also applied that to the home point provided that's what is enabled in the settings. But AFAIK it gets the location either from GPS or network, not the way Google uses based on wifi hotshots or IP. I think if the device doesn't have a physical gps chipset or a connection to a cell network to get an assisted gps location (I think referred to as A-GPS) then you may be SOL.

Does this app allow you to record telemetry with video?

You can. They are two different apps doing different things.

Hello,
I just downloaded this app for the first time. How is it working so far?
I also wanted to know if while doing a Ground Station mission (say 1 mile distance), will my Phatom complete the mission even if connection is lost?

Thank you for your help

velez4ever said:
Hello,
I also wanted to know if while doing a Ground Station mission (say 1 mile distance), will my Phatom complete the mission even if connection is lost?

Thank you for your help

Yes, just like the original app. It uploads coordinates to the Phantom so it won't get lost.

Cheers.

If any new comers still want to donate to my coffee fund please send me a PM :lol: . Geert moved this thread to the Classifieds section because of my little donation link in the first post. I have removed it because I don't think that's very relevant for this thread to stay in the Classifieds section.

davisual said:
eyecon82 said:
No, it does not
So does this mean i cant use vision utility pro with coffee's app?

You can still use it. Just uninstall the official version first
velez4ever said:
Hello,

Thank you for your help

Yes, it will complete it's mission

Coffee is the man with this app...simply had to buy a droid tablet and have been enjoying 4 + mile recon flights for couple of months without issue, with the exception of pilot error of course. Great to see the waypoint position hold update Coffee! Look for my contribution to your great efforts and thanks !

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Ray Maramara said:
Mori55 said:

Any progress on IOS version? Thanks! :!: :idea: :arrow:

Hey Ray,

Unfortunately no, as iOS is a completely different beast, and is all sorts of locked down.

expedite said:
Coffee is the man with this app...simply had to buy a droid tablet and have been enjoying 4 + mile recon flights for couple of months without issue, with the exception of pilot error of course. Great to see the waypoint position hold update Coffee! Look for my contribution to your great efforts and thanks !

Thanks!

I tried downloading this and couldn't get it to install. I used the link in the first post. Is there somewhere else I should download it from?

Do you have the stock app installed? If so, remove it first.

JJM said:
Forts said:

No.

What exactly is the error or issue you are experiencing that prevents you from installing? Did you enable Unknown Sources in your security settings?

ilovecoffee said:
JJM said:
Forts said:

No.

What exactly is the error or issue you are experiencing that prevents you from installing? Did you enable Unknown Sources in your security settings?

Can't remember the exact error message. I need to check that setting too. Will do as soon as I get home and let you know what I find. Thanks for the tip about unknown sources.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart