UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

ilovecoffee said:
I will certainly update the app and I'll work on that today. By the looks of the things there isn't much different on the app side....just unclear about the firmware.

I updated to the new firmware, and your modified app still works fine, no problem. I did a short ground station mission with the coffee app on my phone, there is no difference in performance. (I lost both, Wifi and control signal during that mission, because of trees and distance) and the bird completed the mission and came back home.
I also updated to the new Vision app on my Moverios, because I can not run the ground station on them anyway, and the two nice features I noticed are the dynamic home point, and a much smoother action on the camera tilt action.
The lever kind of works too, but I did not get the full range of camera motion, have to spend more time figuring out the calibration.

Can you do the same with the french app please ?

Learn English like all other do.

dulcidi said:
Can you do the same with the french app please ?

Bonjour! ;) The app still works with French language settings on Android, there's no difference. The app however does not have French language translation, so you will be stuck with English.

Edit: Nevermind the new version has French language support.

Either way it will still work when I'm done with it. No difference.

I've updated the app to the most recent version 1.0.54

Everything else is generally the same. I've only changed the satellite icon colours to RED/GREEN instead of BLUE/GREY as well as I have allowed the mobile device home point to allow a longer distance than 500m (because it will check for the mobile phone distance as well). This could theoretically allow you to use a rooted device to fake your GPS and establish a new home point if you really wanted....

ilovecoffee said:
I've updated the app to the most recent version 1.0.54

Everything else is generally the same. I've only changed the satellite icon colours to RED/GREEN instead of BLUE/GREY as well as I have allowed the mobile device home point to allow a longer distance than 500m (because it will check for the mobile phone distance as well). This could theoretically allow you to use a rooted device to fake your GPS and establish a new home point if you really wanted....

Thank you for the update!!!

Probably also available without rooting. Under Settings, Developer options, there is a possibility to activate "Allow mock locations". And then with some location spoofing app from the Play Store it could be done. But I still see no purpose for that? But you seem to have some idea where it could be useful/fun, care to share? :)

And what is with that distance limit for home point? Didn't quite get that? If you get farther then 500 m from the phantom it would not consider your location for dynamically setting the new home point?

Nathan Carter said:
And what is with that distance limit for home point? Didn't quite get that? If you get farther then 500 m from the phantom it would not consider your location for dynamically setting the new home point?

That's correct.

I have a plan that i am going to do this weekend withthis app i am going out to a country road out here where i live. Then send my drone down this road at 100ft and come back with the camera pointing straight down. After i start the mission im going to drive my Mustang down the road to where the waypoint is for it to turn around and come back and ride right under it i think it will be a sweet video of my mustang

Hi Gents,
Would it be possible to code this modded app so that it does not write over the OEM DJI app and we can have both resident on our devices to choose from for tests?

Also something to explore is the new Dynamic Home feature. It would seem that this could be enhanced into a follow me mode by changes to the Vision app. BTW make sure your phone/tablet GPS is definitely ON has its own good high resolution GPS fix by checking the map location on your device before you connect to the Phantom and you use that new "Dynamic Home" feature or the chance exists that your phone will "go home" to the nearest cel tower.
Cheers,
Jim

Jesolins said:
Hi Gents,
Would it be possible to code this modded app so that it does not write over the OEM DJI app and we can have both resident on our devices to choose from for tests?

Also something to explore is the new Dynamic Home feature. It would seem that this could be enhanced into a follow me mode by changes to the Vision app. BTW make sure your phone/tablet GPS is definitely ON has its own good high resolution GPS fix by checking the map location on your device before you connect to the Phantom and you use that new "Dynamic Home" feature or the chance exists that your phone will "go home" to the nearest cel tower.
Cheers,
Jim

Not that I'm aware of.

ilovecoffee said:
I have allowed the mobile device home point to allow a longer distance than 500m (because it will check for the mobile phone distance as well). This could theoretically allow you to use a rooted device to fake your GPS and establish a new home point if you really wanted....

I thought about this for a while and I don't think it is a good idea to remove that restriction. I believe they put it there in the first place in case your phone GPS data gets some interference or something and gives seriously wrong coordinates to the phantom(i.e. miles away from you) and just at that moment for what ever reason a fail safe triggers. Bam, fly away! :shock:
:?
I still can't figure out any use of it being larger than 500m. In fact, even smaller distance would be better/safer, or?

Nathan Carter said:
ilovecoffee said:
I have allowed the mobile device home point to allow a longer distance than 500m (because it will check for the mobile phone distance as well). This could theoretically allow you to use a rooted device to fake your GPS and establish a new home point if you really wanted....

I thought about this for a while and I don't think it is a good idea to remove that restriction. I believe they put it there in the first place in case your phone GPS data gets some interference or something and gives seriously wrong coordinates to the phantom(i.e. miles away from you) and just at that moment for what ever reason a fail safe triggers. Bam, fly away! :shock:
:?
I still can't figure out any use of it being larger than 500m. In fact, even smaller distance would be better/safer, or?

Nevermind, the change I thought I made didn't affect that. However I am not sure whether or not the original distance bypass will change that anyway (I think it will). I don't think you can have one without the other unfortunately.

So does this app still let you go as far as you want since the update

lustang89 said:
So does this app still let you go as far as you want since the update

Yes. I haven't tested it yet due to weather but I'm confident everything should be fine. I recommend for someone to do a test flight first however and report back :D

Edit: Woops there's an error I need to fix. Don't use this version.

How am I just seeing this NOW! just downloaded and installed, very excited to try it out. I have my V2+ all updated and everything (guess i'm a beta tester!)

Question: is the "yaw attitude control" where the copter will face the way you're facing while on a ground station mission? Guess i'm still confused what exactly that is/what it does. Thanks!

I'll let you know how it goes.

~Bird

birdheezy said:
How am I just seeing this NOW! just downloaded and installed, very excited to try it out. I have my V2+ all updated and everything (guess i'm a beta tester!)

Question: is the "yaw attitude control" where the copter will face the way you're facing while on a ground station mission? Guess i'm still confused what exactly that is/what it does. Thanks!

I'll let you know how it goes.

~Bird

Please read the post directly above yours. The version you have downloaded will not work as there was a minor bug when opening up a Point Info window in Ground Station that causes it to crash.

Yaw Attitude Control is similar to the Pitch control with the gyro in the phone. It won't face where you're facing but it will detect tilting and move accordingly. So if you tilt your device left to right the phantom will also turn left to right.

Too bad. I'm assuming you're working on a fix? Is there a way (other than this thread) to be notified of an update?

Thanks so much for all your work! very excited to try it and donate!

birdheezy said:
Too bad. I'm assuming you're working on a fix? Is there a way (other than this thread) to be notified of an update?

Thanks so much for all your work! very excited to try it and donate!

Already fixed ;)

Download here

Main post also updated.

Maybe I can include the version number in the subject line.

umm boo ya! Thanks man! For future frefrence, is the link in the first post of this thread also updated? every time the app is updated can i use that link or do you have to use the most recent link in this thread?

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT