UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

Edit: Woops there's an error I need to fix. Don't use this version.
Coffee,

In case this is not the issue you are working on, I want to bring this error to your attention. I have complete all the new DJI updates and downloaded your current program. When click on the waypoints to set the height I am taken back to the video page instead of being able to set the waypoint height. Thanks

Sorry about restating what has already been mentioned. You guys are to fast for me.

birdheezy said:
umm boo ya! Thanks man! For future frefrence, is the link in the first post of this thread also updated? every time the app is updated can i use that link or do you have to use the most recent link in this thread?

Thanks!

That's right I always update the first post so it's not buried in all these pages.

Avanti1963 said:
Edit: Woops there's an error I need to fix. Don't use this version.
Coffee,

In case this is not the issue you are working on, I want to bring this error to your attention. I have complete all the new DJI updates and downloaded your current program. When click on the waypoints to set the height I am taken back to the video page instead of being able to set the waypoint height. Thanks

That is the error I was working on. Fixed :D

In my test just now it seemed to be working fine. It did however do that once when opening the marker window but I was unable to recreate that from happening again afterwards.

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

when updating this, do i have to uninstall the old version? or can i just install this one on top of the old one?

birdheezy said:
when updating this, do i have to uninstall the old version? or can i just install this one on top of the old one?

You must remove the old version first. As mentioned in the first post ;)

Coffee,

Have you tried setting the RTH altitude? When I click on the "altitude" on the very bottom of the screen it brings up the altitude box, however, when I click on it to change the RTH height it says it "fails" and the box disappears and nothing happens. Maybe this is DJI problem, however, I just want to verify if it is working for you or any of the other members using your app. Thanks

I'm headed out right now to test it. Will report back soon

Avanti1963 said:
Coffee,

Have you tried setting the RTH altitude? When I click on the "altitude" on the very bottom of the screen it brings up the altitude box, however, when I click on it to change the RTH height it says it "fails" and box disappears and nothing happens. Maybe this is DJI problem, however, I just want to verify if it is working for you or any of the other members using your app. Thanks

I get "Set Altitude Failed" when entering that in SIMULATION mode only (I haven't been able to actually test it)

Were you actually connected to the Phantom? I think this might be the case-- you need to be actively connected to the Phantom for that to work. Nothing has been changed on my end in regards to this bit of code.

When I had everything up and running, the app pulled the RTH altitude from the copter. I had set it to 100ft (30m) from the software, but when I opened up the coffee app, it had that 30 meeters already in there. I did change it successfully from the app as well.

Coffee,

On the first page, your program download link points to the latest version, as expected. Drop down to about the ninth posting there is another download link, which references ver 7 of your app. Should that still exist, or would you want to edit it out? (Makes it a bit confusing as to which is the actual current link).

-Dale-

DrD said:
Coffee,

On the first page, your program download link points to the latest version, as expected. Drop down to about the ninth posting there is another download link, which references ver 7 of your app. Should that still exist, or would you want to edit it out? (Makes it a bit confusing as to which is the actual current link).

-Dale-

Good point. I've deleted that file.

Just got done doing 2 flights using this app for the 1st time. loved it!

having the 15m/s option is nice, though when making 90 degree turns, it does cut the corner quite a bit, but i don't think there is anything you can do about that (physics and geometry and stuff). I'm not sure if this is possible, but being able to choose either a fly over way point or fly by way point for each individual way point would be nice. also being able to change the speed of each leg individually, but i guess that's getting into the iPad ground station territory/adding new features.

birdheezy said:
Just got done doing 2 flights using this app for the 1st time. loved it!

having the 15m/s option is nice, though when making 90 degree turns, it does cut the corner quite a bit, but i don't think there is anything you can do about that (physics and geometry and stuff). I'm not sure if this is possible, but being able to choose either a fly over way point or fly by way point for each individual way point would be nice. also being able to change the speed of each leg individually, but i guess that's getting into the iPad ground station territory/adding new features.

It's quite possible actually. But it would take a long time for me to implement.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I don't use the ground station feature very much, but it seems like it could be way better. I'm drooling over the ipad ground station and would like to add it to my V2+, but not sure i'm ready to spend the $200 for a few minor features.

Little things like adding way points on my phone... have to tap to add the point, then tap again to set the altitude, where the ipad ground station, you tap and it brings up all of your parameters right there. I dunno, hoping DJI continues to add features for you to tweak in the basic ground station app ;)

Thanks for deleting that dup download posting, Coffee!

It may have been in the last release, and I just didn't try it, but tapping on the little blue radar icon now brings up a much bigger FULL screen version of radar in this release. This is great, but it would be sooo much better if that little red airplane icon that flies around the waypoints could replace that little red triangle DJI uses for radar positioning. That triangle is less than perfect for determining orientation, especially when in the sunlit heat of the moment, you're simultaneously faced with, "where the hell is it?"

If you ever run out of mods for the last modded vision mod, please consider looking into changing the radar icon. At least one pilot will be extremely proud of you for that! :roll:

-Dale-

DrD said:
Thanks for deleting that dup download posting, Coffee!

It may have been in the last release, and I just didn't try it, but tapping on the little blue radar icon now brings up a much bigger FULL screen version of radar in this release. This is great, but it would be sooo much better if that little red airplane icon that flies around the waypoints could replace that little red triangle DJI uses for radar positioning. That triangle is less than perfect for determining orientation, especially when in the sunlit heat of the moment, you're simultaneously faced with, "where the hell is it?"

If you ever run out of mods for the last modded vision mod, please consider looking into changing the radar icon. At least one pilot will be extremely proud of you for that! :roll:

-Dale-

The full screen radar actually has always been there. I'll make sure to update that icon when implementing the new ability to set default waypoint height.

Hi Coffee, the idea mentioned earlier of having the altitude menu open up immediately when setting a waypoint is great.
This should be easy to implement.
I have had a hard time getting the altitude menu to open, many times I end up with another waypoint instead. ..

mauizoom said:
Hi Coffee, the idea mentioned earlier of having the altitude menu open up immediately when setting a waypoint is great.
This should be easy to implement.
I have had a hard time getting the altitude menu to open, many times I end up with another waypoint instead. ..

Good idea. I hope it's as simple as it sounds. Will look into it.

New Update v9 Updated first post with download link.

One new feature and one graphical change:

Default Waypoint Heights. Set this value in Settings so that every new waypoint has this height by default. This is in meters ONLY because of how the app is programmed (it works with meters and converts to imperial after the fact for display purposes only). Will save a lot of time when adding new points.

Urp9jaa.png

GTgoxrp.png

Enlarged Radar Icon and made it the same as the aircraft icon used in ground station for better visibility.

oaj2FVr.png

Totally Cool! You 'da Man!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94