UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

DrD said:
There have been posts about channel 7 (camera control) working until the vision app is started. Perhaps the app could be modified to allow channel 7 enable/disable?

Link? Just so I can get some clarification.

DrD said:
one of the most recent posts: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25869

There have been others ...

Can't seem to find any reference to it purposefully disabling that control when it's running.

Sorry to disappoint everyone but at this time I won't be working on this any longer. Just was about to do a routine flight, took it up in altitude to start a mission, and before I could get it going, it just took off like a bat out of hell. Calibrated the compass twice before flying (oddly got a calibrate compass error when turning it on... Which I rarely have gotten, but did so anyway). Couldn't get control of it if I pulled it back, kept going forward. Again, this was before uploading a mission...

Not in the mood right now to think about buying another... :x

Sorry to hear of your loss.

My faith in humanity is restored! Some great neighbours found it, reviewed the footage and rang my doorbell! How nice! Any time I've lost anything (including my wallet, twice) it's never been returned.

Can anyone help me assess the damage? Need a new case, also not sure what part this is:
agBaMX4.jpg

62OPfkv.jpg

W9QliAN.jpg

Can you believe the camera and gimbal are fine??! As far as crashes go... Pretty lucky.... I hope.

Jayson Hanes said:
yikes! but nothing a little duct tape and a zip tie or two shouldn't be able to fix!

Unfortunately the board connected to the motor there is snapped in half. I guess it's not clear in the picture.

Its a low cost repair if the camera is still ok.
I had a drop out of the sky today.
Flytrex stopped recording and after some 30 sec it worked again for 23sec.
It fell into a cornfield and i found it.
Some damage, repairable no cost @ this moment.
So you're not the only one to encounter bad luck today.

And I have to ask...do you think it was the modded app that caused the flyaway at this point? Just need to know if you recommend we all stay away from it at the moment?

lsteigerwalt said:
And I have to ask...do you think it was the modded app that caused the flyaway at this point? Just need to know if you recommend we all stay away from it at the moment?

No not all at all caused by the app. I hadn't even interacted with it yet. I always fly my Phantom up to my planned altitude before sending it on a mission. As I was bringing it up, it just took off. Was some kind of funky compass calibration because I couldn't even bring it back and it was tilting so forward it was really booking it fast away from me. Oddly it ended up a block behind me, rather than just heading into the sunset in front of me which is where it was headed...

Again, nothing to do with the app, I hadn't even gotten a chance to send any waypoints and it was still under TX control.

lsteigerwalt said:
ilovecoffee, that appears to be the ESC which controls the voltage going to the motor. Not sure what the part number is but I would grab one of those and a new shell right away...

ESC
http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-vision- ... t9jgnifga3

Shell
http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-08-dji- ... shell.html

Looks like for less than $100 and some soldering you can be back in the air :)

Great! Thanks! Yeah it's an esc board...

I wanted to test to see if the other motors were fine, but looks like it won't start up if an esc board isn't connected.

Very glad to hear you have diagnosed the cause of the fly away. Keep up the great work!!

Hello,
i think there is a "bug": you can tap on the map and add a waypoint >500mt, but if you want to drag any waypoint to correct the position, the waypoint is immediately resetted to 500mt and you can drag only within the original 500mt range.Since it is impossible to hit a desired location at first shoot, this is a bit problematic.

Smb said:
Hello,
i think there is a "bug": you can tap on the map and add a waypoint >500mt, but if you want to drag any waypoint to correct the position, the waypoint is immediately resetted to 500mt and you can drag only within the original 500mt range.Since it is impossible to hit a desired location at first shoot, this is a bit problematic.

We've brought that up before. He is going to look at it and see if he can fix it...minor issue just zoom in all the way and place the waypoint where ya need it.

hello all,
Just a question please,
Why the total distance of mission is in red in GS near above 5.000 m?

Also is it possible 5 miles / 8 Km mission in straight line? 4 km + 4 Km ?
5*60 / 20 = 15min is that math correct?

I haven't had a chance to do a long run with this app yet myself but the math works out correctly. I've flown my bird a total of 8.29 miles and had 8% battery left. Flew for just over 20 minutes full throttle so I don't see why she can't handle a 5 mile run. Just understand there is no guarantee and be prepared to watch it fly away with the possibility of not returning...probably why I haven't done it yet. Hell I get nervous flying out 3,000ft still.

lsteigerwalt said:
I haven't had a chance to do a long run with this app yet myself but the math works out correctly. I've flown my bird a total of 8.29 miles and had 8% battery left. Flew for just over 20 minutes full throttle so I don't see why she can't handle a 5 mile run. Just understand there is no guarantee and be prepared to watch it fly away with the possibility of not returning...probably why I haven't done it yet. Hell I get nervous flying out 3,000ft still.

So what your advice is is that everyone can do a 20 min flight ?
Why is it that i only get 14min max ?
The app and use of it is to give comfort when you're used to fly and control the bird on a long distance without the app.
If someone isn't comfortable fling a certain distance don't go and fly further with the use of the app.
It will end in disaster if you are not used to take in account the wind conditions.

No that isnt my advice at all. In my original post containing the math I explained that everyone could use it to find out approx how long their mission should take ensuring that they add 30sec for each way point. The 20 minute flight I did was without the mission planner. If you know your bird can only fly 14mins then by all means stay below that time limit. I do think you should be getting more flight time though. How aggressive are you on the sticks? If your zooming around like a fighter jet then yes your flight times are drastically reduced.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z