Unofficial DJI Vision App for Epson Moverio BT-200

Reaction score
No longer available on this site.

Last edited:
Good work, Thanks! Also, for anyone who has been thinking of using the Moverio's, Epson just dropped the price by $200.

CloudsNeverDie said:
You're welcome! These two bugs were very easy to fix, both of them one-liners, and it's kind of sad that DJI didn't bother to fix them. Still, easy enough for us to do it ourselves.

Note one of the trade-offs with the video size here is that the video is now stretched out horizontally a bit, so it might no longer have square pixels and a perfect 4:3 aspect ratio like the raw 640x480 video stream. I think it's worth it to maximize use of the display, but if it turns out to be a problem I can always adjust it down a little and add some black bars on the left and right.

Rather have it like this then a screwed black bar.
Really sad that DJI failed to fix these one liner bugs.. i submitted them in july 2014, Also was in contact with Eric Mizufuka from epson about it.
Think i was one of the first moverio users with a DJI Vision and vision+
The moverio is in my opinion the safest way to fly FPV. It's awesome to see the live feed and still being able to see your UAV.

Now i'm playing with the moverio and trying to get it working with a Inspire 1 :)

Excellent work
Has the compass issue been fixed? When I tilt my head the aircraft orientation moves...

I also noticed that the live camera page closes from time to time and returns to the main page. Need to click camera icon several times while flying. Not sure if this is down to my setup with the dronexpert mod using a GoPro 4 Silver on a zenmusse H3-3D on a Vision 2 +. I have the sleeve for the original Vision 2+ camera and will try with that

Thank you for this, the wait for DJI has been inexcusable, especially, as you say, a two line fix!

One question, on the GS part I am getting a very basic map with all labelling in Chinese and NO satellite view, help??? please

Please do that as I frequently fly 1-2 miles and my compass is absolutely critical especially which way the aircraft is pointing.

I will fly it with the original camera (but with the drone expert sleeve to see).If it still crashes I am not sure if I want to remove the dronexpert at this stage. It could be something else on the moverio.

CloudsNeverDie said:
mohan said:
Excellent work
Has the compass issue been fixed? When I tilt my head the aircraft orientation moves...

Not yet, but I was just looking at the code for this, and I think I can fix it easily. There are two causes. Firstly, the BT-200 has two compasses (glasses and handset) and the app is using whichever is the default (probably the glasses); I can change it to always use the handset. Second, the orientation reported by the glasses is relative to the screen, which is oriented perpendicular rather than parallel to the ground, screwing up the orientation. I'll change it so that it uses the handset, and I'll assume the handset is oriented sideways with the cable coming out on the left.

mohan said:
I also noticed that the live camera page closes from time to time and returns to the main page. Need to click camera icon several times while flying. Not sure if this is down to my setup with the dronexpert mod using a GoPro 4 Silver on a zenmusse H3-3D on a Vision 2 +. I have the sleeve for the original Vision 2+ camera and will try with that

I don't see that issue, so it could well be due to the dronexpert mod; please do try the original camera.

CloudsNeverDie said:
You probably need to install Google Maps. To do that, you'll need to root your device first - you can find instructions on how to do that by Googling for it. I used Baidu root.

Oh! I see, so without rooting the device (which I am loathe to do) I cannot get decent maps, disappointed, I guess IF Epson were to update the Android version on the glasses I could get it, but they (Epson) appear reluctant to do this!

CloudsNeverDie said:
I guess Epson didn't want to go through the lengthy Android certification / Google Mobile Services approval process. Maybe they also didn't want the Google Play store on the device because it would compete with the Moverio App Store.

Still, rooting only takes 10 minutes...

In a competition with the Moverio APP store, paint drying would win!

I just did a test flight with your app, I have been using the Moverios since last May.
When I started out, the compass was pointed in the right direction, but after swiping to Ground Station and returning to the main camera screen, the compass was off by 90 degrees. I had to reboot the Moverios, then the compass was right again. But when I went to the Settings screen of the app and then returned to the Camera screen, the compass was off again by 90 degrees.

I also noticed a new behavior on my Moverios after I installed your app, when I rotate the track pad from Portrait to Landscape, the display in the Moverios turns by 90 degrees. The home screen will now only show correctly when I am holding the track pad in Portrait orientation, when it is turned to Landscape, the display is turned by 90 degrees. Your app displays correctly for the Camera and Ground Station screen, but the settings screen is also affected by the track pad rotation.

Do you have a fix for that ?

Thanks for your great work.

I do have the "Auto-rotate trackpad" option checked in the Moverio Settings, this will just change the direction the curser moves on the screen.

I got the rotation issue taken care of by installing Rotation Locker from Play Store.

And I did a second test flight after that and had no more issues with the radar function showing the wrong direction.
It is great to be able to use the radar function, Thanks for your modifications, they are much appreciated !

Thanks for your quick reply.

It would be great if you could get the function " Find my Phantom" to work, that would make for much more peace of mind flying :)

CloudsNeverDie said:
Here is an unofficial version of the DJI Vision app, based on ilovecoffee's mod of the same app, which includes the following bug fixes and improvements specifically for BT-200 users:

• Fixed the "video offset" bug (see https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... -47-06.png). The video now fills the entire width of the screen still leaving space for the toolbar on the right edge.
  • Enlarges the video view to be full screen by hiding the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
  • Forces the app to use the compass in the controller rather than the one in the glasses, so the radar and ground station views work correctly. Mount the controller with the Epson logo on your left and the buttons and the cable on your right.
  • Fixed a small bug in the Ground Station code that prevented it from opening. You can now swipe left in the camera view to see the Ground Station (after you have first enabled it in the Settings page of course). For this to work right you'll need to root your device and install Google Maps.

Current version: v1.2 (20150314), based on v11 of ilovecoffee's mod, which in turn is based on DJI Vision App 1.0.54.

The APK can be downloaded using this link. Side-load in the usual way. Make sure you have turned on "Auto-rotate trackpad" in Settings (under "Language & Input"). Enjoy!

http://www.droidbin.com/p19gd474nnd4f1khs4lbah1evg3

If you want to say "thank you", please use this link when you purchase anything from the DJI Store, and I'll receive a small reward from DJI: http://click.dji.com/AbAiNwu-GP6O5Qmy

Yours,
CloudsNeverDie

Thank You ... Thank You.... Thank YOU.....

I too have the BT-200's and PH 2 V+..... this worked real good...

1. full screen in BT-200's.... :)
2. Can get to GS page to do RTH function... :)
3. Compass seems to be working good too!

Well done....

The only thing I have to fix is the Google Maps not loaded for the GS function.... I'm not sure I want to "Root" the BT-200.... ??? Some risk here?

But but very happy FPV pilot now...

Thanks again.. :D

Regs Chris

CloudsNeverDie said:
jaykay2PT said:
Thank you for this, the wait for DJI has been inexcusable, especially, as you say, a two line fix!

One question, on the GS part I am getting a very basic map with all labelling in Chinese and NO satellite view, help??? please

You probably need to install Google Maps. To do that, you'll need to root your device first - you can find instructions on how to do that by Googling for it. I used Baidu root.

Mate would u have a minute to take us thru the "Root" process and then getting the correct version of Google play services and Google maps on the BT-200's... I'm not totally sure what versions I should install to get GS working..

Great work man... Thanks dude!

Regs Chris

Guys, I logged a call with DJI on the Support for BT-200's... This was the answer I got.....!

But I'm been told I'm confused... hehe!

"DJI Tech Support (DJI)
Mar 24, 15:42
Hi Chris,
I can understand your confusion. The video you found on 'You Tube' is in the first instance intended for commercial purposes,namely advertising our product. It could be interpreted as a feasibility test but it was in fact not a true test of feasibility as DJI would consider but rather a demo. At present there is no further information available regarding testing. I hope you understand and we will of course inform you any updates regarding testing etc.
Regards,
DJI Product Application Technical Support Center "

CloudsNeverDie said:
I guess Epson didn't want to go through the lengthy Android certification / Google Mobile Services approval process. Maybe they also didn't want the Google Play store on the device because it would compete with the Moverio App Store.

Still, rooting only takes 10 minutes...

I have read that Google wouldn't support Epson over the Moverio's because they were direct competition to Google Glass which has now been shelved. When I read about Google giving up on Glass, I thought that maybe Epson would get support. I desperately need Epson to Update to a later version of Android so I can use my Moverio's with my Inspire 1 also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl