Universal dampened camera mount

Sounds like that samsung NX Mini is small enough to attach to the stock servo.

My plan is to make a lightweight servo mounting that can be used for the FC-200, and generic tripod cameras. I'll have to do some experiments to test it's weight threshold but you're probably right. Since I have a 125gr camera I might be able to confirm the viability of this.

This is from the Samsung NX1100?
What device are you using to connect to it?

That kind of range is encouraging for the photography I need.

A Samsung Galaxy S2. I must point out that this was a horizontal range test and 30m is a minimum figure ... I suspect it was further, but I don't want to make any claims since I obviously didn't have the DJI app running. I also managed to take pictures and get very low FPS updates through 5 walls in my house over approximately 15m. This is about the effective range of my home wifi router so this makes sense.

How would you rate those two in comparison to each other? The NEX5 is already on my list, but I hadn't looked at the A-5000 yet (I thought it was a watered-down version of the NEX series)

I have no hands-on experience with either. For some reason I thought that the A-5000 was lighter. Sony's marketing claimed that it was. Other relevant differences are cost, recording capabilities & the stock lens weight.

Looks like this could be used for a WiFi network solution in the filed. I would guess this can be taken apart and a 14dBi Antenna could be added with ease.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-MR3020 ... pd_cp_pc_1

I am thinking this router, a good small APS-C sensor camera with a 16mm lens, and the stock servo with a custom mount.

Anyone every use one of these?

I am very interested in this product and would be willing to purchase once you have it available on shapeways, please post your link when its ready. Thanks for your efforts :)

Hey Lockey813; so far I have been using 3D printers available to the community in Melbourne, just to prove that I'm capable of producing what I need so prototypes have been coming in very slowly.

I've got an order in from shapeways to test the quality of their printing that is due within the next 10 days and I am going to receive a Replicator 2 on Tuesday to help me iterate through designs much faster; so my mount should be available within a short period of time.

I hope that you understand that I don't want to offer something on shapeways that may result in failures for either the Phantom or the camera.

OI Photography said:
MonsieurAnon said:
Nex-5n, A-5000
'

How would you rate those two in comparison to each other? The NEX5 is already on my list, but I hadn't looked at the A-5000 yet (I thought it was a watered-down version of the NEX series)

The a5000 and 6000 look great... but you can pick up a nex5 mint second hand for well under half the price of an a5000, and you can easily get hdmi to av adapters for the Nex5, and IR shutter controllers for your receiver... So, I think for now it's a lot easier to work with Nex5 I think...

gpauk said:
OI Photography said:
MonsieurAnon said:
Nex-5n, A-5000
'

The a5000 and 6000 look great... but you can pick up a nex5 mint second hand for well under half the price of an a5000, and you can easily get hdmi to av adapters for the Nex5, and IR shutter controllers for your receiver... So, I think for now it's a lot easier to work with Nex5 I think...

Cool, thank you! I did a little more digging and it does seem like the NEX5 is the better value for what I need (between those models anyway). Now I just need to decide if the NEX5 is a better option than RX100, I can get both for the same price range (esp when looking at mint used ones or refurbs).

gpauk said:
OI Photography said:
MonsieurAnon said:
Nex-5n, A-5000
'

I have not used the nex5 but I would imagine an IR shutter control would have problems working over any useable distance outdoors. IR has issues in sunlight.

ResevorDG said:
I have not used the nex5 but I would imagine an IR shutter control would have problems working over any useable distance outdoors. IR has issues in sunlight.

I *think* the one(s) gpauk is referring to add a small IR emitter in front of the camera's sensor that is triggered by input from a spare channel on the Rx.

OI Photography said:
ResevorDG said:

I *think* the one(s) gpauk is referring to add a small IR emitter in front of the camera's sensor that is triggered by input from a spare channel on the Rx.

Nice idea.

OI Photography said:
ResevorDG said:

Nice idea.

ResevorDG said:
OI Photography said:
ResevorDG said:

Nice idea.

Yep -- that's the one! From Flytron, in my case.... :)

MonsieurAnon said:
That really does seem interesting. Is it possible to use these with a spare channel with the DJI tx?

I don't see why not, there are spare channels I think.
Worst case you could use an s bus expender.
I use it with a 16 channel frsky receiver.

MonsieurAnon I'm looking to mount a Sony RX100m2.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20