Unheard of Message on screen; December 25 2019.

Reaction score
Flying P3P December 25. I had a yellow warning in upper left of screen, "Ultra Sonic systems failure; Land Immediately" Has anyone heard of this? I have done forum thread searches with no results. My drone remained under control th whole time th message was displayed. l was able to bring it safely back & down to land near my feet with no other issues, battery at 56% when message appeared & 40% when l shut it down. After recharging that battery I powered up th drone for a while tethered at home no repeat of message. Did l interfere with th Archangel & his gang? Is it possible that there are directable interference systems for disabling drones in flight? Have l been reading too many cheap newspapers? I don't think it is drink related as l have been teetotal since 1988. Any way, Best Wishes to all of you for th New Year.

Sounds like an error in the anti collision or height sensor.

Welcome to the Forum!

I wasn't sure what to reply to the OP.
What do mean by anti collusion, especially on a P3?

What do you have for a Bird?

Rod

I had a yellow warning in upper left of screen, "Ultra Sonic systems failure; Land Immediately" Has anyone heard of this?
It's about an issue with the VPS sensors.
Whether it's a real issue or a false alarm isn't clear.
But a fault in the VPS doesn't mean you need to land immediately.
The VPS is really not much use anyway.

If the message doesn't show up again, it was a false alarm.
If it keeps appearing, just disable the VPS sensors in the app settings and enjoy your flying without VPS.
The VPS sensors only have a range of <10 metres anyway so they won't affect most normal flight.

Is it possible that there are directable interference systems for disabling drones in flight?
No

Reactions: RodPad
P3P's don't have anti-collision sensors....
But they do have VPS- which within about 15' height will read the ground unless it's totally smooth with no detail- like water.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic