Unfortunatly dji go 4 has stopped

Reaction score
So after waiting and waiting, I finally purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced + with built in screen. I unboxed it, charged the batteries, power it up and turned on the remote. Screen came on, allowed me to set time zone, country, user name etc. Then it tried to launch the app, but will not. Only getting the "unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped" message. Power down, retry but same issue. Remote does seem connected to quad as green light is on...please help...I now own 1200 paper weight.

So after waiting and waiting, I finally purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced + with built in screen. I unboxed it, charged the batteries, power it up and turned on the remote. Screen came on, allowed me to set time zone, country, user name etc. Then it tried to launch the app, but will not. Only getting the "unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped" message. Power down, retry but same issue. Remote does seem connected to quad as green light is on...please help...I now own 1200 paper weight.

So you Mention does seem connected but most likely it is not connected.
Assuming you singed in to your DJI account and you pulled down the menu to Connect the Drone , than you clicked the Reset button on the drone to allow it to blink.
Once connected you should see the video of the camera , have you gotten anywhere near that far yet. ?

So you Mention does seem connected but most likely it is not connected.
Assuming you singed in to your DJI account and you pulled down the menu to Connect the Drone , than you clicked the Reset button on the drone to allow it to blink.
Once connected you should see the video of the camera , have you gotten anywhere near that far yet. ?

Well I got a call from the seller that I purchased it from through Amazon. They were one of the 2 reputable sellers I heard about through these forum threads. I explained how far I got into the set up, and what the on screen message was. They advised me to send it back to them as they thought it was DOA. The farthest I got was part way through naming my device...then it went down again. Occasionally after powering it on many times, briefly the terms of agreement page will come on, but always goes down before I can re-agree. Don't get me wrong, I know its a great flying machine and video and still photos are going to be a great improvement over my old reliable P3S...but to wait so long and finally get my hands on one only to have it be a dud is pretty disappointing to say the least. Oh yeah, one other thing...I can operate the camera gimble with the remote...so something is connected between the remote and quad.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Well I got a call from the seller that I purchased it from through Amazon. They were one of the 2 reputable sellers I heard about through these forum threads. I explained how far I got into the set up, and what the on screen message was. They advised me to send it back to them as they thought it was DOA. The farthest I got was part way through naming my device...then it went down again. Occasionally after powering it on many times, briefly the terms of agreement page will come on, but always goes down before I can re-agree. Don't get me wrong, I know its a great flying machine and video and still photos are going to be a great improvement over my old reliable P3S...but to wait so long and finally get my hands on one only to have it be a dud is pretty disappointing to say the least. Oh yeah, one other thing...I can operate the camera gimble with the remote...so something is connected between the remote and quad.

Oh yeah that is disappointing , we have had it happen and we purchase a lot of Phantoms !
For every 10 Phantom 4 Pros we purchase , 2 or 3 will be bad apples .

Because of this we had to find a retail outlet where we could purchase are drones directly from so if they were not perfect , we could take the drone back that same day and get another one.

Having purchased so many of them we know a quality drone when we set one up for our clients.

You would be surprised what you learn when you have 3 drones next to each other all doing something a little different.

But its a great feeling when it all comes together and everything works perfect and you dont mind spending the extra money for a drone that is spot on.

We also found a store that we never thought would sell drones let alone the Phantom 4 Pro's.
Maybe you have one near you, its called GANDER OUTDOORS and they sell Hiking boots and tents but now they also now have a DJI department.

I highly recommend that you go this route as its worth the extra money to get something that works perfect out of the box and if not you take it straight back and get another one, try again.

Im going to post a new thread to answer why Refurbished Phantom drones are such a Risk and what you should be looking for in a new Drone purchase as we purchase a lot of them.

Phatomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Flying into and out of the storm.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Update!! So I returned the unit back to the seller where they did a firmware update. Supposedly they bench tested it and verified it was now working. Upon receiving it back and powering it up...back comes the message, no app screen..just the original error message. Called them, sent it back a second time.
Now to the sellers credit, they immediately sent me out a new replacement even before I had the chance to ship my defective unit back to them. They also sent me a 64gb micro SD card and reader for my troubles. New unit arrived in good working order. Apparently mine was the first unit returned to them with this particular problem. My patience and faith in them is restored. Thank you vancityuav.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.