Understanding HealthyDrones report

Reaction score
HI Everyone. New to the forums. Picked up a P3P 2 weeks ago. Just had my second flight today. After the first flight I had minor deviations on the battery. After today's flight the battery is now reflecting major deviations. Should I be concerned and look to have the battery changed? What is an acceptable tolerance for these types of deviations. Should I follow some kind of protocol to break in the battery. Thanks.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

[URL="http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjE3Nw"]HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
[/URL]

HI Everyone. New to the forums. Picked up a P3P 2 weeks ago. Just had my second flight today. After the first flight I had minor deviations on the battery. After today's flight the battery is now reflecting major deviations. Should I be concerned and look to have the battery changed? What is an acceptable tolerance for these types of deviations. Should I follow some kind of protocol to break in the battery. Thanks.

I got my P3A a little over a month ago. My first battery had more major deviations than yours at first and the second had several also. I just made sure they were always fully charged and kept a close eye on the cells during flight. I now have about 15 flights on both of them. I no longer have any major deviations and the minor deviations went way down also.

YMMV

I am on battery number 5. Reading here there truly is no break-in process. There are some guidelines though. Charge your battery fully before you take off. make certain that you let your AC battery warmup prior to doing anything full throttle if you are in cold. Use the "monitor the voltage onscreen" setting when flying. Good rule,of thumb is to be touching down when the voltage hits 3.5. Understand that the voltage fluctuates during load in flight...

As to your battery. There are only a few major deviations for the entire flight. I would not be concerned too much unless there are more than 10 in a minute. It's worth monitoring but I would not be concerned. I had a battery that had 60 major deviations the first flight. I was could concerned. Recharged fully and ran it again. Still had 30 major deviations. Sent it back. In healthy drones click on the example you will see an example of a battery that is problematic.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers