ultimate height possible if no limitations...?

Reaction score
if there were no legal issues;
if there were no battery charge issues;
if there were no signal issues;
if there were no weather issues;
how high straight up could my P4P+ go...?

According the DJI's P4P stats, maximum service ceiling above sea level is an impressive 19,686 feet (6000 meters).

Reactions: lasersbee
> 19,686 feet (6000 meters)

Thanks. That looks like a rounded-out height...?
What happens if one was at that height & tried
going higher...?

the props will ice up, the UAV will become a paper-weight doing the meters per second squared math till it reaches terminal velocity, then physics will solve the rest :rolleyes:

how high straight up could my P4P+ go...?
Your Phantom could only reach 500 metres above it's launch point.
That's the limit that's hardwired into every DJI consumer drone.
Suggestions about 6000 metres are referring to the service ceiling (max altitude at which the drone can fly)
But if you launch anywhere around sea level and tried to climb to 6000 metres (without the 500 metre limit), if you could get to 6000 metres, without losing it because of the cold or high level winds, you would run out of battery halfway back to earth.
What happens if one was at that height & tried going higher...?
Your Phantom would struggle because the air is too thin for the props to provide enough thrust.

A helicopter drops me & P4P+ off
on a 6000M mountain with a small
flat area 2M below peak.
There is < 20mph wind.
I am properly clothed & using oxygen tank.
Will my P4P+ take off?
Will it rise to my 100M personal limit?
( = 6098M above sea level)

A helicopter drops me & P4P+ off
on a 6000M mountain with a small
flat area 2M below peak.
There is < 20mph wind.
I am properly clothed & using oxygen tank.
Will my P4P+ take off?
( = 6098M above sea level)
OK, so if you launched from the top of a 6,000M mountain and you set it on fire before liftoff so it wouldn't freeze, could you climb high enough to get some good shots of a Yeti trotting through the snow before the props melted and bricked the bird?

Will my P4P+ take off?
Was you increase altitude, the air gradually becomes thinner and your drone's performance gradually decreases.
It doesn't just stop at a particular precise height.
You would have to do some testing to find out how well (or poorly) the Phantom flies at 6000 m and beyond to answer your questions.

Isn't there footage somewhere of a DJI flying on Everest? Don't remember details but seem to recall it was customised etc. Anybody remember the reference?

Isn't there footage somewhere of a DJI flying on Everest? Don't remember details but seem to recall it was customised etc. Anybody remember the reference?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this out
The drone was also a key part of identifying an incapacitated climber who was successfully rescued

Reactions: Sky Wombat
I saw a You Tube Video some time ago can't find the URL but,
This chinese guy put a phantom in a big hard plastic box which had a vacum cleaner attached to it, in suck mode.
He started the phantom which recorded its home point at 0 meters.
He then switched off the vacum cleaner to equalise the pressure and the phantom recorded its altitude now as minus 5000m.
For demo purposes he then removed the lid of the box and flew out of the box and climbed to the top of a nearby skyscraper more than 500m high.
In therory he could have flown to plus 50500m.

I am not kidding try it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31