Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

For example, if current (currentcurrent) goes above nominal 900ma sitting or 15-ish amps sitting level or 17-19-ish amps flying level, it goes to he11 and pops from one extreme to the other +/- 32767 bits (I assume this integer is a signed 2^16 word) for the majority of the vertical speed motion. Sorta looks like their own pwm noise is messing up their reading they send out the SDK! If it were not pegging and bouncing all over, I could accept it is just not consistent and maybe needs some pre-averaging before sending out. They will get there eventually. If the climb is long enough, we can sorta extrapolate real current level from the rate of drop of the mah & voltage & rate of rise of the batt temperature in other columns....

You can definitely get speed distance altitude and a few others.

I'm using the free version of Dashware that was released once the developer was picked up by GoPro

kenargo said:
DBS said:
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

But this happens when I hit the "fly!" Icon.... or the calibrate as well...???

I wanted to check-in because I've help a few people fix this same issue in the Google Group.

If you are not one of them; are you by chance using 5 GHZ band for your Wi-Fi? It's been reported that DJI SDJ 1st time initialization code cannot connect to the DJI servers when Wi-Fi is using 5 GHZ band.

Ken...purchased the app today and am having the exact same issue. I have no idea what band my Wi-Fi is (Comcast) and I did not understand the solution in your answer. Is there another solution to complete the first time initialization that will allow me to use your app? Thanks!

I flew several long way point missions with you app this weekend, NO ISSUES, thanks man for your hard work!

I wish DJI would fix the stupid repeating attitude pivot at a way points greater than 90 degrees, Ilovecoffee's app with the fly through way point has eliminated this problem

Theverything play store wants to update you app, what has chaged?

Something about removing fix to scroll? What does this mean?

bit the bullet and got over my nervousness and worry and MADE MY FIRST GS FLIGHT TODAY! it worked swell! 5 waypoints, each different height, delay. about 5 minutes total. other than the video saying off, (and it did record all) it went smoothly. THANK YOU KEN.

GSSP said:
Theverything play store wants to update you app, what has chaged?

Something about removing fix to scroll? What does this mean?

It sounds like you are opted in to pre-releases. They are coming rather frequently...

The most recent one fixed something that DJI appeared to break in the last SDK update where the gimbal movement speed is VERY slow. Other than that the pre-release is little changed. The logs can use the DashWare profile for FlyTrex and tonight you might see follow-me enabled. It might be tomorrow instead depending on weather.

mauizoom said:
I installed your app on my Moverios, but it doesn't work, when I go to "fly" the app shuts down.
My Moverios are rooted running Google play, and I have Ground Station on the DJI app working with this fixhttp://www.phantompilots.com/viewtop ... 27&t=36373

Do you have a fix for your app ?
I really like your app, would be great if we can get it to work :)

Hot off the press fro DJI: The Moverio is not supported with the SDK; the SDK will cause the app to shutdown. Unfortunately the follow-up question does not bode well for the app to be included on the Moverio. DJI reports that currently there is no plan to make the SDK compatible with the Moverio.

I am however connected with Epson and their engineers are investigating if there might be some changes they can make to allow the SDK to work. How soon that investigation might yield something, I cannot say.

GSSP said:
I flew several long way point missions with you app this weekend, NO ISSUES, thanks man for your hard work!

I wish DJI would fix the stupid repeating attitude pivot at a way points greater than 90 degrees, Ilovecoffee's app with the fly through way point has eliminated this problem

Banked turns would help, yes and I have it in the app but disabled because there is a bug in the SDK and the SDK setting to turn on banking turns does not work. There is an update coming for the SDK; hopefully it is fixed in that update and I'll be able to turn on a few things: banking turns and yaw at waypoint; both are ready and the yaw at waypoint worked until the last update at which time it appears to have been broken :(

miket234 said:
kenargo said:
DBS said:
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

But this happens when I hit the "fly!" Icon.... or the calibrate as well...???

I wanted to check-in because I've help a few people fix this same issue in the Google Group.

If you are not one of them; are you by chance using 5 GHZ band for your Wi-Fi? It's been reported that DJI SDJ 1st time initialization code cannot connect to the DJI servers when Wi-Fi is using 5 GHZ band.

Ken...purchased the app today and am having the exact same issue. I have no idea what band my Wi-Fi is (Comcast) and I did not understand the solution in your answer. Is there another solution to complete the first time initialization that will allow me to use your app? Thanks!

Are you able to pop by the Google group? If you can; the person who had this issue hangs out there and can likely help you get past the issue.

I am using V1.45 on Galaxy Tab @ 4.4.2 and several features do not seem to function. At beginning of the thread you mention Google Play services is needed. How do I validate I have that installed? Does activating the flight logger provide anything other than the csv records in storage and if so how do I view them. Is there any kind of booster function available.

UgashikBob said:
I am using V1.45 on Galaxy Tab @ 4.4.2 and several features do not seem to function. At beginning of the thread you mention Google Play services is needed. How do I validate I have that installed? Does activating the flight logger provide anything other than the csv records in storage and if so how do I view them. Is there any kind of booster function available.

If you are able to connect to Google Play Store then when the app runs it should prompt you to install Google Play Services. There is also a link on the website to install them directly but the link is here to install them directly: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.gms

The logs are in cvs format and are on the device's storage and can be accessed directly from there. I don't currently have boost implemented as there is a free Android app that does the same thing, leaving me time to invest time in app features. The free booster is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lusutility

Follow-me in pre-release for those of you that want to play with it.

The flight parameters are not yet tuned to the smoothness that I want to get in the final version but it works well.

AWESOME video!! Can't wait to get out and try Follow Me!!! I tested the app today for the first time with two perfect Ground Station missions....one over 1600 feet out. Plan to keep stretching out!

I've been trying out this app. Very nice. But one thing I miss - unless I really AM missing it - is the little radar circle from the stock app. When you are in FPV mode it's nice to know which direction your drone is facing and where it is in relation to you. I know there's that little arrow thing in the top left but it doesn't seem to tell you much other than the direction (of the drone? Which way you are facing? Which way the drone and you are facing in relation to each other? No idea.) Or am I missing something?

StevenQX said:
kenargo said:
A follow me video from one of the pilots using the app. He took a stroll around the neighborhood :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_mDJ7L5iE&feature=youtu.be
It's possible to adjust the gimbal inclination while in follow me mode?

Yes, you should be able to make adjustments especially using the controller but either controller or onscreen controls should work. In the video the person walking abound appears to be making several adjustments.

rbhamilton said:
I've been trying out this app. Very nice. But one thing I miss - unless I really AM missing it - is the little radar circle from the stock app. When you are in FPV mode it's nice to know which direction your drone is facing and where it is in relation to you. I know there's that little arrow thing in the top left but it doesn't seem to tell you much other than the direction (of the drone? Which way you are facing? Which way the drone and you are facing in relation to each other? No idea.) Or am I missing something?

The direction box in the top includes 2 pieces of information. As you noted it indicates the direction the Phantom is facing but you should also see an [H] icon just inside the ring and that icon represents home (or your) location. It is a different way to report orientation and one I've been using in an attempt to satisfy the 2 camps. There are those who live by "north is up" and the control handles that by maintaining the North facing upwards and there is the camp who wants to know how to turn the Phantom to fly towards them, and that is what the rotating [H] does. See if it makes more sense now that you know how it's supposed to work and let me know if it still doesn't address the information you'd like to have available.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT