uavbits? killerRc?

Reaction score
Hope we see some gimbal protection soon for these P3's. I'll send money right now if needed. Definitely want to add them on. Anyone hear anything on these yet?

Hope we see some gimbal protection soon for these P3's. I'll send money right now if needed. Definitely want to add them on. Anyone hear anything on these yet?

Don't waste your money. DJI corrected the motor separation problem back in the fall of 2014. The motor shaft is now pressed fit into steel, instead of aluminum. There is information about this in the P2V+ forum, but you have to search for it. Don't buy into all the gimmicks and "fixes" you read about on these forums. Some are good ideas, many are outdated and just silly.

That's cool man. Everyone has there own opinions. I lost a gimbal on my p2v+ so spending a few extra bucks for added piece of mind is worth it to me.

I was curious as well about gimbal. This is an email my brother received recently when he made an inquiry to the gentleman who makes/sells the "PhantomFix" for the other models. Hopefully he won't mind me posting it here...

"DJI has changed the dimension and the Phantom Fix 2 will no longer work. I have the newer models coming on Tuesday. However, the gimbal is now pressed on which may eliminate the need for a PhantomFix. I explain it on my e-bay listing. It is a matter of personal preference. I do know that if the pressed part fails or the shaft breaks the resulting separation would take out the ribbon cable. With the new version mounted, there isn't enough space for the separation thus saving the cable. I want everyone to know exactly where they stand. If you decide to buy the 3, I am saving the orders from e-bay into a rush file which will all be mailed on Tuesday when I get the new parts."

I wish I could provide more info on sales or status, but maybe someone else will chime in who knows specifics. This was just relayed to me over the weekend.

Don't waste your money. DJI corrected the motor separation problem back in the fall of 2014. The motor shaft is now pressed fit into steel, instead of aluminum. There is information about this in the P2V+ forum, but you have to search for it. Don't buy into all the gimmicks and "fixes" you read about on these forums. Some are good ideas, many are outdated and just silly.
Hey I'm going to do all I can to protect the gimbal/camera after having mine snap off my P3 on Sunday. The P3 yaw arm is made out of stamped aluminum - not so strong. I've seen a couple of nice P3 specific carbon fiber solutions - have ordered but won't be here for several weeks. In the meantime I'm going to use a stiff, very light student-style wood ruler across the middle and zip-tie it into the indentations in the bottom legs. Just need to make sure all the cameras all have clearance so might have to trim a bit.

Hey I'm going to do all I can to protect the gimbal/camera after having mine snap off my P3 on Sunday. The P3 yaw arm is made out of stamped aluminum - not so strong. I've seen a couple of nice P3 specific carbon fiber solutions - have ordered but won't be here for several weeks. In the meantime I'm going to use a stiff, very light student-style wood ruler across the middle and zip-tie it into the indentations in the bottom legs. Just need to make sure all the cameras all have clearance so might have to trim a bit.

I think you misunderstood my post. The protectors that span the bottom of the landing legs are a good idea(like the carbon fiber ones), I have one myself. The type of gimbal guards that supposedly prevent separation of the motor on the rear are not necessary. The type I am talking about screws into the back of the gimbal arm, or is stuck on with adhesive tape. Don't waste your money on these, with the redesign by DJI, they prevent nothing.

Reactions: Julius717

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic