UAS and Search & Rescue

Do you mean dual control, or dual channel? It was single control, which surprised me - I expected with twin gimbals and FPV that it would be dual control at least, but it doesn't have to be. FPV was ignored, and it was running PIP with the twin gimbals. I have no idea what was operating in terms of downlink frequencies.
Dual Controls (1x AC operations 1x Camera operation).

I've seen the single Tx (like you stated using PIP) but I was wondering how the Dual Tx setup would be different. I'm so glad DJI now has their Enterprise division. Who was the Rep? Was "Romeo" there?

One other notable observation (IMO): the Z30 is a beast on a good gimbal. 30x optical plus 6x digital zoom, adequately stabilized even in 30 mph winds.
That's a LOT of AWESOME right there :)

Yea the company we were setting the M600 up for have a need for heavy lifting insanely wild cameras and pulling cables to install new power lines. The mere fact it requires (6) batteries ($200ea) for an 18min flight (as set up) it gets kind of crazy in a hurry.

Did yall run dual Tx setup on the M210?

And another observation on the XT30 - the promotional videos do not lie - it really does produce remarkable resolution.

Dual Controls (1x AC operations 1x Camera operation).

I've seen the single Tx (like you stated using PIP) but I was wondering how the Dual Tx setup would be different. I'm so glad DJI now has their Enterprise division. Who was the Rep? Was "Romeo" there?

That's a LOT of AWESOME right there :)

I have no prior experience of these enterprise-level aircraft so I'm not at all familiar with the multi-control operations, but the DJI pilots I talked to said that it is pretty seamless if you want to do that. I forget how many controllers they said could run simultaneously, but it was more than I expected. The 210 will take 3 gimbals, and so at least 3 in addition to the pilot is possible.

No Romeo. I'll PM you on the personnel question.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just ordered the 210 with an XTR and Z30. I expect it will handle pretty much any situation.

That's one of the combos I'm interested in too. $31k before adding any extras. I'd also like to add the X5S for higher resolution images, since the Z30 is only a couple of MP.

Reactions: BigAl07
That's one of the combos I'm interested in too. $31k before adding any extras. I'd also like to add the X5S for higher resolution images, since the Z30 is only a couple of MP.
That's exactly the setup we're getting times 2 of them that way we can do continuous flight ops. They do get pricey flying $21,000 of camera on a $9000 drone, but we're excited especially with ADS-B receive as we are in both Class C and D airspace.

That's exactly the setup we're getting times 2 of them that way we can do continuous flight ops. They do get pricey flying $21,000 of camera on a $9000 drone, but we're excited especially with ADS-B receive as we are in both Class C and D airspace.

For SAR, or other purposes? That would be out of the range of our SAR budget. I plan to use them for other, much better funded applications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik