U.S. Lawmakers Express Frustration With Drone Remote ID Delay, “This Summer” Says Standards Committee Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

I received this in an e-mail today. The only question I have about it is, does the DJI GO 4 APP remote ID setting work for what they're requiring or will we have to retrofit our drones with a device of some type to meet their requirements?

It sure would be nice if Congress actually had a friggin' clue about what DAC and the Task Groups are doing.

This is EXACTLY what the Remote ID TG is working on.

However, maybe this will kick the DOT a bit in the backside and push it forward as well.

It sure would be nice if Congress actually had a friggin' clue about what DAC and the Task Groups are doing.

This is EXACTLY what the Remote ID TG is working on.

However, maybe this will kick the DOT a bit in the backside and push it forward as well.
Well that's good news. I hope they get it going, that being DAC and Task Groups I personal have no concerns about the Remote DI but, I do have concerns about my back pocket. These drone cost a lot and and I am sure an after market or even a DJI add on product would also be expensive. Or the ideal that the drone might be too old are out of date to meet new unknown requirements when I bought them "a short time ago" would be very upsetting. I am old tired and sick of government looking over my shoulder but there is nothing I have to hide and never has been.

The only question I have about it is, does the DJI GO 4 APP remote ID setting work for what they're requiring or will we have to retrofit our drones with a device of some type to meet their requirements?
What's being discussed will involve additional hardware but it's unlikely there would be any ability to retrofit anything to existing equipment.

Reactions: Tim Haskins
Well that's good news. I hope they get it going, that being DAC and Task Groups I personal have no concerns about the Remote DI but, I do have concerns about my back pocket. These drone cost a lot and and I am sure an after market or even a DJI add on product would also be expensive. Or the ideal that the drone might be too old are out of date to meet new unknown requirements when I bought them "a short time ago" would be very upsetting. I am old tired and sick of government looking over my shoulder but there is nothing I have to hide and never has been.

I'm like you in the sense that I am sick and tired of the Government sticking their [Language Removed by Moderator] nose in my business but just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean that you should sling your door wide open for them. That is NOT how it works in America or at least its not supposed to be that way. I plan to continue to fly responsibly as possible and not lose any sleep over all of these new silly laws written by freakin idiots. They want to treat drone regulation the way they treat their budgeting. They want to pass the laws TODAY and define them tomorrow or not clearly define them at all so they can mean anything or nothing at all depending on who's holding the drone controller. That's complete BS and shouldn't be tolerated by any of us!

Our society has completely forgotten that THEY work for us and that WE shouldn’t just accept anything they decide to sling at us.

The main concern of the US Government is NOT drone safety and for once its not really even about money. They want to use their drones to look at you and your business but they DO NOT WANT YOU LOOKING BACK AT THEIR BUSINESS! The End!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Basspig
That is NOT how it works in America or at least its not supposed to be that way.

Everything you drive, or even pull on the streets and highway, fly in the air, operate on water all are required to be registered and have identifying plates or identifying numbers. Those laws have been around as long as I can remember. I don't feel like I am opening my doors wide open all of a sudden and letting government take control are that anyone else is. That started a long time ago. In most cases for good reasons because of idiots driving, flying, and operating water craft like fools or using then to commit crimes. I am only concerned about what it will cost if anything and most of all that I can make my drones comply.

Everything you drive, or even pull on the streets and highway, fly in the air, operate on water all are required to be registered and have identifying plates or identifying numbers. Those laws have been around as long as I can remember. I don't feel like I am opening my doors wide open all of a sudden and letting government take control are that anyone else is. That started a long time ago. In most cases for good reasons because of idiots driving, flying, and operating water craft like fools or using then to commit crimes. I am only concerned about what it will cost if anything and most of all that I can make my drones comply.

Oh Ok I gotcha! So you like and support more laws and more restrictions that cost you time, money and potential jail time if you don’t comply with regulations that constantly change and can be fairly difficult to understand. I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be in opposition to you. I just didn't fully understand what you were saying I guess. Anyway,, Thanks for correcting me.

What's being discussed will involve additional hardware but it's unlikely there would be any ability to retrofit anything to existing equipment.
Are you saying that all existing drones will not be dead in the water? Surly there will be away to bring them into compliance. I hoping DJI has it covered with their Remote ID function I wonder about all the home made drones and aircraft or others not manufactured by DJI what will they do? There has to be a retro fix of some type in the works

Not necessarily.
It's likely that there will only be a requirement for new equipment to comply.
It's very unlikely that there would be a way to integrate the new technology into older drones.
Well that would make sense grandfather the existing drones. In a few years they want be flying away. No batteries.

Last edited:
Oh Ok I gotcha! So you like and support more laws and more restrictions that cost you time, money and potential jail time if you don’t comply with regulations that constantly change and can be fairly difficult to understand. I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be in opposition to you. I just didn't fully understand what you were saying I guess. Anyway,, Thanks for correcting me.
I didn't correct you. I was just pointing out these type of regulations have been around for ever and that I am no more afraid of having my drones ID'd than having my automobile ID'd. Sorry if I offended you. I had no intent to do so.

Reactions: BigAl07
I didn't correct you. I was just pointing out these type of regulations have been around for ever and that I am no more afraid of having my drones ID'd than having my automobile ID'd. Sorry if I offended you. I had no intent to do so.
This is a serious question, I’m genuinely curious and not trying to be argumentative .... does your position include all personal possessions? Is there any personal property that we own that would be outside the governments authority to require “registration”? And if not, what are they?

Side note: The primary purpose for registration in all of the examples that you gave is revenue generation/taxation. It has been that way since day one. Those examples are not 100% analogous

Last edited:
This is a serious question, I’m genuinely curious and not trying to be argumentative .... does your position include all personal possessions? Is there any personal property that we own that would be outside the governments authority to require “registration”? And if not, what are they?

Side note: The primary purpose for registration in all of the examples that you gave is revenue generation/taxation. It has been that way since day one. Those examples are not 100% analogous
You are trying to take this somewhere you don''t belong and that where I stand on politics. To answer your question You and Government both need to stay out of my business as far as to what I do or don't think. SO read the post and input properly are mind your on business. By the way the post was does the DJI Remote ID settings meet the requirements that congress has imposed on us?

You are trying to take this somewhere you don''t belong and that where I stand on politics. To answer your question You and Government both need to stay out of my business as far as to what I do or don't think. SO read the post and input properly are mind your on business. By the way the post was does the DJI Remote ID settings meet the requirements that congress has imposed on us?
Sir, I was responding directly to something that you wrote and asked you a very simple question. If you don’t want to answer it then just say so.

Alright gang... THREAD CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers