Two year old P3A Remote Control not charging

Reaction score
Without going into great detail, I have had Heart surgery twice which meant I have not even looked at my drone for the last 6 months.
Yesterday on preparing to take it out, my remote control 4 white lights came on briefly and then all went out. I put it on charge for around 3 hours and eventually all 4 charging lights went out and I thought it was charged. But when powering it up, it did exactly as before I started the charge.
There is nothing wrong with the charger as it successfully charged the drone battery.

Is there any test I can do to see if its the battery, or perhaps something else?

Hi Mate
If I am not mistaken the DJI charger has 2 cables coming out from it, 1 for the battery, and 1 for the RC ( 6mm 2 pole jack ), you should see a voltage around 24 - 27 VDC on the plug. if you do then it is highly likely your RC battery has gone into hibernation or is now dead.

Waylander

Does the remote power up with the charger connected?

Waylander:
The charger does have 2 cables. But the board with the 3 pole jacks which contains the 3 red lights number reader is not used for charging the RC and so I have no means of reading the VDC ( presuming that number reader is what you mean for reading a VDC).

3rdof5:
After reading your comment I tried that and Yes it did power up, but all 4 lights are white and not green.

Waylander:
The charger does have 2 cables. But the board with the 3 pole jacks which contains the 3 red lights number reader is not used for charging the RC and so I have no means of reading the VDC ( presuming that number reader is what you mean for reading a VDC).

3rdof5:
After reading your comment I tried that and Yes it did power up, but all 4 lights are white and not green.
Sounds like the battery in the remote needs to be replaced.

Yes it did power up, but all 4 lights are white and not green.
Do you realize that the 4 battery level lights on your RC should be white and not green?

Reactions: JoBe
Oso:
Must be my age giving me memory problems, as I was sure the lights were green after power up. However, on the third attempt at connecting to the drone all appears OK and the RC battery is 100% charged.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic