Two questions about the P4 Pro

Reaction score
Two questions:
1) Can the P4 Pro use batteries from the P4? When I compare specs, the only difference is that they bumped up the mAh from 5350 to 5870 to increase flight time.

2) Can the P4 Pro run the Litchi app? Since it comes with its own monitor no mobile device is used, so does that limit it to only using the DJI Go App?

Answer to Q1 Yes
Answer to Q2 With their screen NO. But with your screen YES

So the question remains.... Did you get their screen or not?
I personally are going to 2 remotes. One for DJI and One for LItchi.

I know it is a pain at times, but hey I get the best of both worlds I hope:)

1) yes

2) nobody knows for sure. You can buy the P4P with or without the extra monitor (the $1499 stated price is the version without the monitor - you pay $1799 if you want the monitor). That monitor runs on Android and GO is the default app. Reportedly you can use your iOS device (like the P4) if you buy the $1499 P4P bundle. Litchi has said that they're ready to go, but DJI hasn't released an SDK for it yet.

Thanks for the answers. I crashed my P4 yesterday - totally my fault, and not on DJI Care - so I have to replace it and am weighing whether it is worth upgrading to the Pro. The new camera looks impressive, but I have 4 P4 batteries that I could not use if the Pro can't handle them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Your P4 batteries will be fine with the P4 Pro. Difference will be 2-5 mins less of flying time.

Enjoy:)

Thanks for the answers. I crashed my P4 yesterday - totally my fault, and not on DJI Care - so I have to replace it and am weighing whether it is worth upgrading to the Pro. The new camera looks impressive, but I have 4 P4 batteries that I could not use if the Pro can't handle them.

Your P4 batteries will be fine with the P4 Pro. Difference will be 2-5 mins less of flying time.

Enjoy:)

I doubt the flight time will be more than 2.5 minutes less with the older P4 batteries unless the older batteries are really older and have lost capacity. The difference in capacity is just about 10% so the max flight time could be as much as 3 minutes longer, but if you tend to land with 25% remaining then you're less than 2.5 minutes different.

Brian

Last edited:
Two questions:
1) Can the P4 Pro use batteries from the P4? When I compare specs, the only difference is that they bumped up the mAh from 5350 to 5870 to increase flight time.

2) Can the P4 Pro run the Litchi app? Since it comes with its own monitor no mobile device is used, so does that limit it to only using the DJI Go App?

I understand the Phantom 4 Pro has a new battery that has about 30 minutes of flight time. They cost $169. The P4Pro can use the older P4 batteries that have about 28 minutes of flight time and can be bought for almost $100. You can buy 3 P4 batteries for the same cost of 2 P4Pro batteries. What do you prefer, longer flight per battery (P4Pro at $169) or buy more batteries (P4 at $100)? Any other benefits to the new battery other than longer flight time?

I understand the Phantom 4 Pro has a new battery that has about 30 minutes of flight time. They cost $169. The P4Pro can use the older P4 batteries that have about 28 minutes of flight time and can be bought for almost $100. You can buy 3 P4 batteries for the same cost of 2 P4Pro batteries. What do you prefer, longer flight per battery (P4Pro at $169) or buy more batteries (P4 at $100)? Any other benefits to the new battery other than longer flight time?
no, that's the only difference !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z